“Lovely Hotel near UNC and Duke”

The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Cincinnati
“Lovely Hotel near UNC and Duke”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This this a lovely hotel with strong Italian themes in the art work and furniture. Amenities such as having a doorman, nightly turn down service, and room service make you feel pampered. It is a quiet hotel for sleeping or for meeting in the lobby for conversation. The restaurant is good, but the breakfast is over-priced. Professional service by the desk and the rest of the staff was consistent. There are two computers for your use in the lobby. Definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for room that faces Franklin Street as there is construction going on behind the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This is a lovely hotel with excellent customer service. I enjoyed my stay there very much and wish I could have stayed longer. The rooms are luxurious, spacious and very clean. The staff is fantastic. I will stay here every time I'm in the Raleigh/Durham area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 March 2012

The staff at the Siena is what makes this place so great. Working with Jennifer Williams and her entire staff made our event run smoothly. Guest from around the world were treated with a first class experience. From the small details, to the dinner, to the catering offsite, everything far exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend anyone (or group) to consider this property. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Randy P
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2012

One of the nicest, most quaint (yet sophisticated) hotels I've stayed at in the Southeast US.

Pros: perfect location, comfortable and updated rooms, great service, comfortable beds.

Cons: can't think of any.

In short, stay here if you're in the Chapel Hill area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ben P
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My wife and I spent our 23rd wedding anniversary in this wonderful hotel, and I wish we had known about it earlier. She had actually been needling me for a while that this would be a great place to spend a nighit away from the kids, and of course, she was exactly right.

From the moment we walked through the doors, politely held open by a widely smiling doorman, "Welcome to the Siena!" and sat down in the comfortable chairs with the check-in agent to go over the arrangements, the Siena was a wonderful experience. She wished us a happy anniversary and gave the keys to the bellhop who chatted with us on the elevator ride, and showed us the spacious room. We discussed the area restaurants and the hotel itself - he was very knowledgable and personable.

Once we had settled, a polite knock brought the maid, "Would you like turn-down service?" Absolutely - we talked with the maid about the hotel and the area, and she had some great suggestions, made the room even more inviting,(I'm a sucker for chocolates on the pillows) then disappeared.

My wife and I laughed that we had packed all sorts of stuff but completely forgotten the champagne that we had purchased specifically for the occasion, and as if on queue, another knock on the door, and a complimentary bottle of excellent champagne on ice was presented to us as a complimentary gift of the hotel.

We were looking for a spacious, quiet getaway, and definitely found it here, with a heaping of North Carolina polite service and wonderful people all around. The champagne and extra service on behalf of the staff was not something that we had broadcast or even expected, but had brought it up in the initial discussion with the lady at checkin - they took it from there.

I highly recommend this hotel, and we will be back.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dramesh
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I recently surprised my wife for her birthday with The Siena Hotel's "Date Night" package. Although we live only 30 minutes away it was a get a away from home. The package is a great value for what you receive: a room, $100 towards their 4 Diamond Italian Restaurant, $30 toward their bar, and complementary breakfast bar vouchers for the next morning. It's a very quaint and beautiful hotel and was exactly what I was looking for in making a special night for my wife.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eddie_Mullins
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a very nice hotel in Chapel Hill. The staff is exceptionally friendly and very helpful. For my stay, the buffet breakfast was included in the room rate and was very nice and had a decent selection of hot and cold foods. Service was excellent and the dining room very pleasnat. The hotel room was large and very comfortable, the mattress was very good. The bathroom was terrific with a glass encased shower with lots of room and the water pressure was excellent (a problem I have had at other hotels in the past). There is adequate exercise equipment available. Wireless internet was available in the room and the signal was quite strong. It would help if they had an outlet on or very near the work desk. If I have any single complaint, it is with the room being a bit dark, even with most of the lights turned on. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business