“Perfect”

Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Location was okay, rooms and service was fantastic. All of the employees there were very friendly and helpful, I arrived late with a very warm welcome. The desk attendants were just lovely. I always slept in so I always missed the breakfast. Overall a very good experience and I will definetely stay here when I visit again in February.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed here for one night with my son who is a student in chapel hill. I had travelled all the way from Ireland and needed somewhere close to airport for my first night. I was going on to stay in Carolina inn for rest of my stay. The main thing I can say is the welcome we got from a really nice African American man was the best I have ever got. Made us feel so at home. The room was nice but watch the air con. We didn't work it right and I was cold. The nice atmosphere confined at breakfast - I think the hotel must be really well managed to deliver this quality of service. Breakfast was awful really but who cares when u feel so at home!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We chose this location because it was easy to access from the interstate, and we found a coupon in a travel brochure at a rest stop. We got to Chapel Hill at about 10pm and walked in without a reservation. The man at the front desk, I believe his name was Darrus, was extremely nice and helpful. The check-in was quick and easy and we were in the room in no time. Our room was very clean, modern and nice. We enjoyed breakfast in the lobby the next morning, as there were plenty of options to choose from. I would stay here again and would recommend that others do too!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vectorgirl
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stay there 5 nights for my cousin's wedding and we loved it!
We had the opportunity to go to other hotels were other family members were staying in Chapel Hill and ours was superior by far... The breakfast was always changing everyday so we didn't get bored at eating at the Hotel, the rooms were impeccable and the hotel had a very fresh feeling... All the staff was super nice specially Jeffrey who helped us with the reservations.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JPLCA
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I really like this hotel. Have been using this every year when I come to Chapel Hill for business. The breakfast is great. Rooms are clean and spacious. The front desk is very helpful. The only disadvantage is that there are not many restaurants nearby within walking distance. If you have a car, then downtown Chapel Hill is within 10 miles. There are also some hotels and fast food locations within a mile or two.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Restaurant need some work on layout and the server need not get so sensitive when a guest mentions that the beacon isnt done. He then returns with a chart that shows the customer the time for cooking.

Mgt might relook that time it doesn't allow for proper cooking

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We loved this hotel!! We were passing through Chapel Hill so we only stayed one night but were so glad we chose this hotel. The staff was awesome---the best we've ever had. The hotel itself was extra clean and everything seemed to be fairly new. It was also close to UNC and even had a free shuttle to the basketball museum. Breakfast the next day was great too. This one is worth a try!!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family