“A Fun Chapel Hill Spot!”
Review of The Crunkleton

The Crunkleton
Ranked #18 of 304 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a bar more than a restaurant...
Description: This is a bar more than a restaurant...
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Right on Franklin Street, this is a fun spot to grab a drink. Very cool bar. Must be a member, it's a private club type thing. I went with two members who live in Chapel Hill. A very fun outing. Not for families or kids. It's a bar.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

If you enjoy cocktails especially those of olde try this bar. Now, online it said you needed to be a member which almost kept us away but I thought if I have to pay $5 to get in, I will. This bar had an AMAZING selection of liquor. An entire wall, floor to ceiling. But about the drinks, they are all heavy on the citrus flavors. I tried the Elderflower Sour and The Aviation. The first one was by far my favorite and I would’ve gotten another one but we waited a long time for the bartender to come back to our end of the bar. By the time he finally made it back I decided I was just ready to pay the bill and go. I *think* they will make you a drink as asked meaning not on the menu, but I’m not sure. And there is not any beer.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

The Crunkleton takes the prize as our favorite place for meeting friends or just going for drinks before or after dinner. Craftsman- style decor, and comfortable seats at the bar. Changeable menu with delicious creative cocktails and an incredible selection of liquors. Small but good beer and wine selection. The bartenders are incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. Extra attention if you go early when it’s not busy- you can get a lesson on different types of liquors or have them improvise a drink. Fun to watch them preparing cocktails if you sit at the bar. All ages from 20’s to 80’s and everyone has s good time.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The big thing for me about the Crunkleton was just the impressiveness of the "library" behind the bar. Simply amazing what they had to choose from. Staff was great, very friendly. Lots of good character in this place. I was here for work, so didn't really get to partake, but would love to try it out sometime again.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Very classy atmosphere...comfortable seating especially up front with the glass wall open...
Drinks are very high end and they take their time crafting them with such flair

One critique...bathroom is too small for the size of the business.