“Great meal without a reservation”

411 West Italian Cafe
Ranked #13 of 314 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed November 28, 2017

On Black Friday it was difficult to find a place for dinner without having a reservation. We were lucky enough to give 411 a try as walk-ins and were delighted with the service and the food. The artichoke dip was served with toasted pita wedges and there was plenty of dip. Skip the herb rolls unless you are very hungry. Our dinner choices were chicken marsala, salmon, and pappardelle. The chicken seemed to disappear very quickly, so quickly that I did not get the offer to taste it. The salmon was very good and cooked as ordered. My pappardelle was served very hot and the gravy was very tasty. It was not listed on the menu online so I the dish that I previewed lost out to this amazing dish. We skipped desserts but you may want to pass on the rolls and save room for the last course.

Reviewed November 19, 2017

We split a pizza and brussel sprout appetizer and it was plenty. Love the bartender and his dry humor. Close to the Franklin.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

Been there in the past this time for a family occasion, always consistent, attentive service, servers know the menu, wine selection well thought list to compliment the cuisine.

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

We had a group of 5 & had a nice round table in the very back. I love the back room because it feel a like you're in Italy! We had everything from meatballs to gnocchi with scallops. Everything was fresh and delicious.

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Great bar staff, solid house wines. Excellent service for our party of 12. This was my first time. My friends enjoyed the quality of their dinners. I ordered the trout with brussel sprouts. The trout was overdone and dry, and the brussel sprouts definitely tasted charred, so I'd not recommend that particular meal.