“Delicious Pad Thai!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2015

We tried this place on a whim last night and it did not disappoint! The pad thai with chicken was absolutely wonderful! We also tried the green curry, which was tasty, but the pad thai was definitely the star! Highly recommend for thai in Chapel Hill!

Reviewed September 12, 2015 via mobile

Very good Thai. Have had take out several times, and it is always very good. Love the curries. Tofu is great. Decent prices.

Reviewed August 16, 2015 via mobile

I stopped by Thai Palace only because it was on my way home from work and I really, really wanted pad thai. I ordered to-go and my food was ready in about 10-15 minutes. The appetizers, curry puffs and summer rolls, were so delicious. I would come back for those alone, and my husband agrees. The pad thai was also some of my favorite in the area, but the thai basil beef was just okay. I was worried when I read the other reviews about bland food, but didn't find that to me true. I doubt I would dine-in, but will definitely order take-out again.

Reviewed May 28, 2015

To begin with, if your meal is not to your liking, be sure to let your waiter know. A review after the fact will not help you get what you want. I'd suggest even letting the staff know ahead of time that you are looking for a more authentic Thai experience.

That said, our meal was very good! We waited just a moment to be seated, since the host was also waiting on tables that evening. Our starter, yum nua beef salad was excellent. Plenty of onion and scallions. We misordered on the soup, but it was still tasty. Our red curry entrees, beef and chicken were wonderfully flavored, although we prefer a slightly more creamy broth. Extra steamed rice? No problem and no charge! My Hogue Riesling was a good match for my entree.

Decor is quite nice, and a bit fun. Plenty of knick knacks to look at, especially in the front bar area.

We've been here before and will continue to go back.

Reviewed March 11, 2015

We must have also even there on an off day because this was the worse meal we have had in a long time. We ordered chicken sates that were produced to fast that they must have been already made -- the chicken was dry and the peanut sauce was floury. We ordered steamed dumplings that tasted gamey, and the padthai noodles were totally tasteless. The service was prompt and pleasant, and the price very moderate, but that does not justify having dinner there. There are many other restaurants that do provide good meals.