“Authentic Korean food”

MinGa Korean restaurant
Ranked #117 of 313 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed January 22, 2018

I had the bibimbap with chicken which was good. My son had the chicken bulgogi and he liked it (and he's a pretty picky eater). My husband had some kind of seafood soup which he liked but didn't like having to pick out the fish bones. The atmosphere is nice and the staff is friendly.

Reviewed December 16, 2017

North Carolina's Triangle is not Korea, or California, or Central Asia (where there is a large Korean population), or a big east coast city, so expectations need to adjust somewhat. That said, Min Ga is a place I always look forward to visiting. The clientele is largely Korean (good sign), and the menu is the same for everyone (even better sign). Bi Bim Bap is very good (though it's hard to mess up, as another reviewer said). Seafood pancakes are excellent. Selection of kimchi appetizers is reasonable. Kimchi-chi-gae is quite good; I had their fish version last time, though, and thought it could have been a bit spicier. However, I suspect few non-Koreans would concur with that assessment. Good and varied selection of drinks of all sorts. There is non-spicy food for those who want something mild, along with a range of foods that few non-Koreans will care for (as in: even I, as a non-Korean who loves Korean food, am nervous about trying).

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

I'm fortunate enough to have traveled to Korea and this place is very similar to what I enjoyed in Busan Korea. From appetizer to main course i really enjoyed my meal

Reviewed August 8, 2017

Mostly Korean fare but some Japanese too. I really enjoyed the Kim Chee Pancake and the Pork Bugolgi was delicious too. We also shared the Bimbimnat bowl.It was all delicious.

Reviewed March 21, 2017

We had two dishes and both were awful. One of us had croaker, which came as a whole fish that was uncooked inside. When sent back to the kitchen they recooked the same fish and returned it such that the inside was cooked but the outer meat now massively overcooked and rubbery. The other had traditional flaken ribs, which clearly had not been marinated and had no sauce. Moreover, the flavorless meat was all gristle and fat. It was literally not possible to eat the meat through the gristle.