“Pretty good Thai food”
Review of Sawasdee

Sawasdee
Ranked #132 of 320 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Reviewed January 4, 2018

There are not many places to get Thai food around Chapel Hill. We have been here a few times. Although I don't have any complaints, it is not the best Thai food I have had. But I am glad they are in Chapel Hill.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

The Pho soup was just okay but didn't compare to the Pho that I had in Ohau recently which was authentic Vietmanese served/cooked/all staffed Vietmanese owners. I may give it another try and try a Thai dish but seeing what my companions had, I wasn't too impressed.

1  Thank TarHeel071
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Nice to have a Thai place in walking distance of the office. So I have supper there when I work late and lunch when friends visit.

Reviewed August 13, 2016

We were visiting the university and had a craving for Thai and luckily went here. The four of us all ordered different things and everyone was delighted with their food (and we have good Thai food in our area). The waitress was knowledgeable and helpful. Generous portions and very reasonably priced. Would go again in a heart beat! The teens said we must review this place so more people could know what a treasure this is!

Reviewed August 4, 2016

I'm being kind. I lived in Northern Thailand and have visited twice more since then. There was nothing that could be called "Thai" in my Pad Thai, flavor-wise. Carrots, broccoli and cabbage don't belong in this dish. Service was fine. Decor and atmosphere are OK if a bit noisy from the acoustics of the room.