“Nice airport hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Charlotte Airport North
Ranked #51 of 176 Hotels in Charlotte
“Nice airport hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

Close to airport with convenient shuttle. Nice clean rooms and friendly staff. Great patio deck with fire, but eat before you come. Bar and food close at 10 pm.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

They stink.

I am a hard guy to bother but Courtyard Charlotte Airport managed to take the cake for horrible services.

I was supposed to stay here on but when I arrived my room had been sold. This is actually pretty common for hotels to do but the issue is that I called twice the day of my check in to ensure my room was available!!!! I was told twice my room was available but sure enough when I arrive the room was gone.

Then the manager on duty blatantly lies to me about the cause of the situation. "Well sir we were expecting more people to check out but many people extended their stays." I didnt have the energy to highlight his lie then, but I had spoken to an associate at the hotel at 7:30pm and at that point my room was available. At 7:30pm they know how many rooms they have and they know that no one else is checking out!!! Don't tell me a lie right before I am carted off to some other hotel.

I will say that the hotel did get me a room at another hotel/ motel and did their best to fix the damage after the fact.

BUT STILL! Dont sell my room and dont lie to me about selling my room ... three times!

If you were visiting Charlotte and considering this hotel I would guess there is a 1% chance that my experiences would happen to you ... BUT stay somewhere still because I have stayed in many Charlotte hotels that do not lie!

North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight because we had some business at the airport. The hotel is well appointed and the beds are VERY comfortable. Rooms are well fitted out. We took the airport shuttle from the hotel--quick and easy. 3 minutes to the airport. The staff are very helpful and friendly. They had us call them when we were finished with our business and they sent the shuttle back to the airport for us. There is also a very nice interior courtyard with tables, pool, etc.

Room Tip: The interior courtyard facing rooms are the best. Walk-in glass showers, etc.
1 Thank ExploringtheEarth
Shenandoah, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I went down to Charlotte with my partner for a law school visit. I called earlier in the day and told them I was on a time crunch when I got there and wanted to make sure my room was ready by 4. I also discussed with them an upgrade because I am a loyal platinum member. I was assured all would be okay. I get there at 5pm...5pm and told the rooms would not be ready until 6. I told the guy at the front desk I was in a rush and he told me they could get one done in 15 minutes. I said I will go to Wal-Mart in the mean time. he was going to check us in and I told him that I was going on vacation and I wanted to pay cash for the room and tax and put a card down for incidentals. As a frequent traveler I have hundreds of dollars on hold all the time from hotels and wanted to cut down on that for vacation. He said it was against hotel policy. I asked for a manager. It clearly is casual Friday's at this hotel for management because I had the displeasure of meeting the sales manager. I have no doubt she is probably good at sales but not very good with one on one guest interaction. She said it was no problem and go to wal-mart and your room will be ready when you get back. I said great and was told to take care of everything when I return. I explained we would be in a rush and they said again no problem. When we got back from wal-mart i was in even more of a rush as it took a little longer. I was told the room was available but that they had changed there mind on the payment. I explained to them that I was a very loyal platinum member for many years The young man checking us in was great. The Sales Manager kept chirping in. She told me it was policy and that they are a franchise and can set all their own policies and started asked me why I only have once credit card. I told her I had more than one but do not tie them up around vacation time. She told me the policy came directly from the General Manager. I asked her to call the General Manager...which she did...and got voicemail. I kept talking to her while waiting for the General manager to return her call. I was otld that the General Manager is very difficult to reach after she leaves and this is an ongoing problem. Finally the General Manager called back and approved it....20 minutes later. We got to our room. I had to miss the dinner for accepted students that night because I did not have the time to iron my clothes. I am still upset about that nearly 2 weeks later. I usually give Marriott over 125 nights a year and this one hotel I think may have made me a loyal Hilton Honors member going forward!!! When people travel especially into a hub city like Charlotte delays and cancelations happen. A hotel should be somewhat flexible to meet the needs of their guests. At this hotel they just don't care. You are not a guest you are a dollar bill. Also on a side note: I have asked the front desk to have the General Manager call me. Still nothing!

Room Tip: If you must stay here get a spa king room!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Richard M
CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

This courtyard is a little worse for wear, but still comfortable. Disappointed that I bought the breakfast package, but then was told I could not order 2 beverages for breakfast, even though that was all I was going to have for breakfast. Better not to spend for the breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Great newly renovated hotel with friendly staff. Stayed here overnight between flights. Driver was prompt, as was service in hotel. Good Fitness area, business centre, and Lobby. Newly renovated room was beautiful with huge, lovely shower. A great place to rest and recuperate from a long journey and prepare you for another one. A la carte restaurant was good as well. Price was reasonable. Hotel was immaculately clean. Close to airport with convenient shuttle.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room on the other side.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We choose very last minute to stay at the Courtyard Marriott mainly due to the location because of our cancelled flight.

We found the shuttle to be quick and convenient and easy to located. The rooms were clean and up to date. The staff was helpful. The location is isolate so the food choices within walking distance were not convenient however they did offer to shuttle us downtown. We ate in the diner located in the lobby. Nothing fancy but convenient.

I would stay again if I was back in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family