All reviews rooftop pool front desk within walking distance parking garage location is great panthers game light rail jj sink valet wedding epicenter hornets arena bellman conference inns
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Hotel overall is better than most Holiday Inns as it has a full service restaurant and room seems to have been updated in last couple of years. Unfortunately like many of the other reviews the room was very musty and on Friday and Saturday night if you are facing College Street then you will hear the boom boom boom of the bass from a bar late into the night. I was on the 8th floor and heard it into the wee hours of the morning.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank CoolTuneLuke
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2018

Hi CoolTuneLuke,

Holiday Inn is known for comfortable and quiet rooms, and I'm sorry you experienced the opposite during your visit. What you described certainly isn't what we want our guests to have. I've relayed the details of your feedback to the hotel management and staff for corrective measures to be taken to improve the quality of our accommodations.

We value you as our guest and thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to host you again for chance to provide you with a much better experience.

Best regards,

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for about 5 nights. We paid $127 a night plus $18 a day parking. That is a fair price for this place. The hotel was very clean. The service was first class. It’s close to a lot of stuff. Parking was kind of an issue but fine. The rooms are on the smaller side but they were sufficient. One issue was the hot tub was dirty and not working correctly.

1  Thank Bbmary6
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

I was initially impressed by this property. The public spaces are typical Holiday Inn but my room was a cut above their usual. It was clean and very well appointed, very contemporary and stylish. My main reason for choosing it was the location, and it was an easy walk to the Belk Theater where I needed to be. There are also dozens of restaurants and bars nearby. I didn’t mind the parking fee (you’ll find that in lots of center city hotels) and appreciated the free and functional wifi. When bedtime came around I started to get irritated. The traffic noise and the music from the club across the street were so intrusive that blasting the AC and my white noise machine still didn’t mask it. Then there were the curtains. There was a large gap between the hem and windowsill that let in lots of light. I felt like I was lying down under a street lamp. I eventually drifted off only to be awakened by what sounded like every door in the hallway slamming one after another around dawn. I wish I’d either chosen another hotel (in retrospect there are others in the area that are a much better value anyway) or stayed further away in a quieter neighborhood and Ubered in. I know that all these problems aren’t within Holiday Inn’s control but I think they’re issues potential guests should be aware of.

Trip type: Travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Hello calvinball81,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Charlotte - Center City for your lodging needs and for leaving us feedback.

I'm very sorry that the outside noise disturbance and room condition negatively affected your satisfaction. Our room should be comfortable and I'm sorry that this time, it wasn’t. I know that this is not the accommodation that you were expecting and I appreciate your feedback. I am taking your feedback seriously and shared this with the management of the hotel so we can further improve our amenities.

On the upside, I'm delighted that you found the cleanliness of our rooms satisfactory and the location of our hotel met your expectations.

I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better experience upon your return, calvinball81!

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Brought group in for Panthers/Cowboys game. This hotel has great location- with good restaurants you can walk to. Beautifully decorated with enclosed bar in lobby. Very nice rooms. The staff is the best I have had in 30 yrs. of booking my groups! From Ashley who handled my booking to JJ & Rebecca at Front desk. My weekend was stress free!
check-In & out was a breeze. I highly recommend Holiday Inn Charlotte center City.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

We weren’t expecting to be in Charlotte but came here after moving west due to the potential hurricane. What a nice surprise - more upscale than the usual holiday inn, great decor and atmosphere and very welcoming on arrival. We made use of the rooftop pool which was lovely and the location was great. All in all a really nice hotel that I would definitely return to.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple