All reviews nascar hall of fame evening reception convention center great location valet parking great reception directly across the street spectrum center beautiful hotel made to order omelets fire pit epic center cocktail hour within walking distance walk in shower per day loved this hotel
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

The Embassy is certainly known for the apartment style suites. Free breakfast and evening reception. The breakfast was very tasty although at times odd(potatoes chips served with peppers and onions in place of breakfast potatoes). Very odd. The staff was AWFUL!! We checked in late and while the clerk was nice he was not very welcoming. We lugged bags to our room and was not offered a bit of assistance. The room had a very cold and sterile feel. The wash cloths were not very fresh and we when we called down there was no answer. There was also a chocolate snack on the floor assuming also from previous guest. At breakfast we had to wait in line at the check in desk-to get breakfast tickets because of course we never received them the night before. Best part of stay, after breakfast we went back to pack and discovered we were locked out! The key was already deactivated at 11am on the dot. Some of Housekeeping was very grumpy always scoffed. Will not return. Had better at a budget hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Dear Chaneka B,

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is helpful and will be shared with our team. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from Embassy Suites. The details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We would love another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

Stayed here for one night just to be safe from Hurricane Micheal. I love Embassy Suites overall but this one was outstanding. Facility is brand new and well maintained. Love the evening happy hours and of course, free Cooked-to-Order breakfast. Swimming pool is nice, and I like how it is open 24 hours. The staff is professional and helpful; will always return.

Room tip: Second Floor suites have private balcony.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Dear arshadnikzad,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience at the Embassy Suites Charlotte Uptown. We’re pleased to hear our professional, helpful staff and hotel amenities made for an enjoyable stay during a difficult time. We appreciate being a part of your trip.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

This was an incredibly nice hotel in Uptown Charlotte! There's a lot to like about this hotel. The breakfast, just like at other Embassy Suites, is incredible especially considering that it's complimentary. There is a ton of seating as well in this hotel that can be used at other times of the day. Everything about this hotel is clean & modern, and it's not too old of a hotel. It's directly across from the Nascar Hall of Fame, and walkable to just about anywhere in Uptown Charlotte. The rooms are super, super nice, and it's a large hotel. I got my exercise in from walking from the elevator to my actual room. The fitness area is really nice, and there is even an outdoor patio on the 3rd floor that is nice to just chill & hangout. With everything this hotel provides, it's one of the best hotels I've stayed at, and I stay at a lot of hotels. It is an expensive hotel, and when you factor in the parking fee, it's not a cheap stay by any means. But it is a great experience.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know! May God Bless Your Travels!

-Nolan
nolan5@vt.edu

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear Nolan N,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your review serves as encouragement towards achieving our goal of providing the best accommodations and service. Your kind words let us know the efforts across all departments are being noticed. We are humbled by your recognition and hope to be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

I stayed here while attending a conference at the convention center. I may have gotten a better rate than normal for the conference ($195.00/night), but even at regular pricing it would still be a good value. If you are looking for a place to stay close to the convention center, this hotel is a great location, not to mention the NASCAR Hall of Fame is right across the street.

I tend to stay at Embassy Suites when I can and this one didn't disappoint. The room I had was large and spacious. The King bed came with 5 pillows and was very comfortable. The sofa had a chaise lounge and that was a nice touch.

The Manager's Reception and Breakfast are both held in a large area, so it never felt crowded. Saturday morning was probably the worst and even then, it wasn't that bad. Some breakfast's at Embassy Suites are better than others and this one wasn't bad. One interesting thing was that they have a 2 drink minimum at the Manager's Reception and they check off a card you have to keep with you. Supposedly it is a Carolina law issue and not an Embassy Suites rule. Hmmm.

My biggest complaint was I could not figure out how to get on the internet and the guy at the front desk wasn't much help. I finally figured it out. Not sure how I pulled it off. I think it was strictly by accident.

Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend this Embassy Suites.

Room tip: I was in 635 and had a view of the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear Olga M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is encouraging to hear that your stay was enjoyable; we work hard to provide a pleasant experience. Your kind comments, which highlight our successes and areas for improvement, are appreciated as they foster change for the better. We look forward to a return visit.

David Shoshan

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Uptown Charlotte is beautiful and this hotel is in a great location. Away from the convention center but very close, just a short 3 minute walk. Historic Freedom trail on Tryon St. Is just 3 blocks away with early art deco architecture and great restaurants!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels