Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desk clerkthe check in processnice staythe general managerenjoyed my staydefinitely stay here againstaff was friendlytaliacarrconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I was looking for a place near the University. There are many choices in the area and I had luck with Microtel before. Check in went smooth. A late check out was provided without asking. As usual the provided breakfast ended early at 9:30. In have seen earlier ones, but for the casual traveler I get irked when mid-week the hours end earlier than weekends. Room and the only bed was very small and I arrived at a late hour. Still I was assigned the last room on the top floor. The parking lot was half full. The sheets would not reach my neck unless I pulled then out at the bottom. I could not get on internet. In the morning I tried the computer in the lounge and again could not get into internet. I mention it at the desk and the response was, "it seems to be doing that, we think it is because of construction across the road". Poor answer. The only hot food at the breakfast bar was the waffles. The only fruit was apples. Then I am checking out and the maid is using one of the two luggage cart to move linens around. I would expect this from a budget hotel, not this one.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2016

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Microtel Manage... P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2016

Reviewed 6 December 2016

Fix your WiFi issues. My business is an online business, so when I travel the WiFi is extremely important to me and my business

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Microtel Inn. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the area. Kind regards, Mgmt

Reviewed 24 November 2016

From the extrreamly unprofessional rude staff (whom don't wear name tags so they can not be identified) to the sticky dirty floors and elevator and all in between.

The score on the wall read 90 (which is really an 88 because of getting 2 extra points from taking a course).

The lobby had on multiple occasions complaining customers because of the either water issues, room smells, billing issues or something else.

Be careful and watch your credit card (double authorizations for rooms ) statement for your room charges.

What really topped it off was when I tried to speak with someone about the incorrect room (double) charges at the front desk. The clerk was dilegent at supplying consistantly unprovoked and unwarranted sarcasm. When I ask to speak wit who owns the establishment I was told they would not give me that information but I could call Wyndham's corporation instead of who owns the Microtel. I asked to speak with the Manager but the manager told me they did not want to talk about my billing issues and walked of because I was bringing her thanksgiving down. The list goes on...

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Microtel Manage... P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charlotte/University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Dear valued guest,
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay this very time. You have stayed many times with us and had great service. I did leave my family and come to the hotel to speak to you personally on Thanksgiving Day. As I tried to explain to you on that day, the billing issue was not on our part rather the banks. To confirm this, you called your bank on three way and the bank stated this as well. I am sorry on behalf of the bank for the inconvenience you have endured. Thank you for taking the time to review the Microtel Inn. We wish you very Happy Holidays! GM

Reviewed 16 November 2016

First and last time for me and a Micro. Their towels were not even big enough for me to wrap my hair up after showering. And the place was very noisy. Not a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business