All reviews rooftop bar wine hour ball field baseball stadium great view of the park house car front desk luxurious hotel sports venues bottle of champagne floor to ceiling windows birthday weekend great hotel rooms are beautiful valet parking night life downtown charlotte
Reviewed October 11, 2018

The Kimpton Tryon Park is one of the best places to stay in Charlotte. I was very impressed by the size of the rooms and bathrooms as well as their condition and amenities. The staff is very welcoming and the butlers in the lobby area are the best -- always smiling, opening doors, and fetching parked cars quickly. The location is great as well, right next to a park with great views of the city and uptown.

My only concern is the absurd amount of noise that bleeds into the rooms facing Church Street. I lost about 4 hours of sleep on a Saturday night because of a loud DJ at an outdoor club down the street. The windows seem to be very thin and the drapes did nothing to prevent noise either. The hotel should probably look into solutions to curb this problem in the future.

I am not sure if this is a problem for rooms on the other side of the Church Street, but I would definitely request to be moved if you face Church Street on a weekend.

Room tip: Choose a room on the opposite side of Church St.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
AustinJ258, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Daniel B, we are delighted you had a wonderful visit! We apologize for the noise levels from the surrounding establishments that caused your lack of sleep, however, we do invite you to try us out again soon! On your next visit, let us know that you prefer a quiet room and we will be extra careful to honor your request.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

The staff and rooms are nice. You can walk to museums, nice restaurants, and other downtown attractions easily. Music at the bar upstairs was so loud until late on Saturday night that it was thumping in our room and we couldn't sleep.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AustinJ258, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback.We are certainly glad you enjoyed the convenience of the local shops and museums including our rooftop bar Merchant & Trade. However, we do apologize for the noise levels - please let us know that you prefer a quiet room and we will be extra careful to honor your request. Give us a shout when your travels bring you back to the Queen City!

Reviewed October 8, 2018

The rooms were neat and clean, secure elevators, nice decor, and close to all amenities. Everyone at this hotel was great, from the front desk to the restaurant, but, Daniel at the front desk went above and beyond! I needed something from a nearby drug store late at night, and, for safety purposes, Daniel escorted me to the nearest store. He then engaged me in light and easy conversation on the way there and back, and helped me look for what i needed. I have never had someone go to such lengths to help me at a hotel before. He really made a difference to my stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for a great review! We are certainly glad you had a grand experience. We agree, Daniel is amazing and truly enjoys creating Kimpton experiences. Give us a shout when your travels bring you back to the Queen City, we are looking forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Love Kimptons in general, and we enjoyed our stay at this gorgeous and well-located hotel. Just one word of warning - we love rooftop bars, and often choose hotels because they have one. But this one was off limits to us, even as hotel guests, and even in the unglamorous afternoon hours, because among our party was someone who did not have dress shoes. No sneakers allowed unless it's a game day for the Panthers. We took a 10 minute walk down to the older and friendlier Fahrenheit, where we were welcomed and enjoyed delicious libations. Come on, Kimpton, unclench!

Room tip: Best views come with more noise. Lesser views made for a better night's sleep.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AustinJ258, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Our apologies for any inconveniences our dress code may have caused during your stay. Let us know when your travels bring you back to the Queen City so we can spoil you again and so your friends and family can have a grand experience at Merchant & Trade. We are certainly glad you chose to stay with as we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Had to write a review on this hotel and staff. The hotel is awesome!! New and clean and decently priced for a nice modern style hotel in the middle of everything. Great style, right in the heart of everything in Uptown. Great views from our room. From the bottle of wine on ice and anniversary note (unexpected) to the periodic text messages from Alexis to check in on me and my wife, the staff went over the top. The attached Angeline’s restaurant is fantastic! I especially want to thank Alexis, Ashley, Demarko and all of the valet/bell staff for making it a special weekend. Very nice and not fake nice like other hotels. Stay here...don’t waste your money elsewhere. Have stayed at Kimpton hotels in multiple cities...so far in my experience a very equal experience at each. Thank you.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM_Tryon_Park, General Manager at Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Hello Jetsmets, thank you so much for your wonderful review; we truly appreciate it. We're also very grateful for your kind words about our team, we're very lucky to have each and every one of them. I hope you make it back for another celebration soon!

Robert