“Staff is a standout”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews
Ranked #65 of 183 Hotels in Charlotte
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

The beds and pillows are comfy.
The room was clean.
The breakfast area was immaculate.
They lock the front door at night and buzz you in and there is a security guard.
I felt safe and that is worth a lot when traveling.

It was the staff here that made the stay a pleasure. Everyone was welcoming and pleasant. The manager came around during Sunday morning breakfast and asked how we were doing.
It was clear that everyone here works hard.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Chris M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Thank you so much for choosing the Fairfield Inn Charlotte Matthews. Your comments made my staff smile. Please come back and visit with us soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Just after Christmas we got two rooms for the family so that the cousins could have a sleepover and swim party.

Pool worked great. A few years ago we did the same thing and there was a hot tub, it did not occur to me that they would have filled in the hot tub so I didn't ask. That was a bummer.

We were able to get two rooms adjacent to each other, but they were not adjoining (no door between). Another bummer.

All in all, the price was great, the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Breakfast was good, though the eggs needed salt and pepper and we could not find any. It did not seem that busy, but the trashcan was full and was not emptied for over an hour. Not a problem as we were able to stack trash on the nearby table, we just felt bad for the staff and not being able to keep up

As I stated, it was very family-friendly, included a free breakfast, has a nice gathering area, had a good pool, and a great price. We DO plan to stay here next year again for a family / cousin sleepover!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Chris M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you so much for choosing the Fairfield Inn Charlotte Matthews. On your next visit to Charlotte, Please contact us direct for your reservations need.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

I stayed here two nights for business. It seemed everyone here was here on business. The room was fine, though you could hear the traffic on the main road (I was on the third floor.) and the view of the dumpster of the hotel next door was less than lovely. But fine, whatever. I thought there was something odd about the room when I first got in there, and it eventually hit me that there was no artwork on the walls, except in the bathroom. Weird.

On the full day I was in town, I left the room about 8:30 and got back around 4. I left no hang tag on the door, and the room had not been visited by housekeeping all day. No biggie. I was by myself so I had enough towels and such in the room for two nights. There was no bath mat towel though, so I used two hand towels side-by-side.

This room did have a couple of things that are crucial to a good hotel stay for me: the ability to make the room completely dark and quiet. The only light I had to cover unconventionally was the time on the microwave. I ran an air purifier in the room and that quieted the traffic noise.

All of the staff I encountered were cordial and welcoming.

P.S. Hey management, there was a sticker on the ceiling in the area where you waited for the elevator on the third floor. It was a goat with sunglass and a crown on. You can't make this stuff up.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for choosing the Fairfield Inn Charlotte Matthews. I have gone to Chili's to see what can be done regarding the dumpsters in the middle of the night.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

This property is new, clean and well managed! Everything was clean, staff was great, and personable. Breakfast was more than ample. Will definitely stay here again! Given the location, the rooms are also very quiet. There's a Panera Bread next door.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

Yours in Service

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Staff in all departments were excellent. Location is very good; a short walk in secure surroundings to CBD. Quiet. Price competitive. Food good, at a price. Parking excellent. Courtesy car: yes.
Peculiarity: no hotel directory.

Stayed: November 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

We arrived a couple of hours early, and Nikki at the front desk was so very helpful in finding us a room immediately.

Our room was nicely appointed, the furnishings were nice, the bed and pillows were very comfortable, the bathroom was very clean and stocked with good towels, and the wi-fi was reliable.

The lobby was pretty, the breakfast was quite good, and the staff was extremely friendly.

Thanks for a great stay, I am sure that we will be back!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I will make sure I share with the staff.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

From check-in to check-out my experience was excellent. The staff was genuinely friendly and welcoming. The went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. Upon check-in, the front desk person (I'm sorry, I forgot her name) was able to seamlessly combine my new reservation since I decided to stay an additional night (and I'm glad that I did). The team here seams to work like one big happy family. The room was clean, comfortable and inviting. You can tell that the cleaning staff takes pride in their work. A special thanks to Chris (Manor) and Todd (Williams) the GM and Assistant GM for leading such a great team. I'm sure IF I had a problem that it would have been resolved. And the "New Guy" Philip should make another great addition to this winning family team.

Room Tip: I heard that it's quieter on the 4th (top) floor but I experienced no noise in my 3rd floor room...