All reviews front desk the breakfast area room was clean a great stay yogurt hot tub definitely stay here again nikki
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Just after Christmas we got two rooms for the family so that the cousins could have a sleepover and swim party.

Pool worked great. A few years ago we did the same thing and there was a hot tub, it did not occur to me that they would have filled in the hot tub so I didn't ask. That was a bummer.

We were able to get two rooms adjacent to each other, but they were not adjoining (no door between). Another bummer.

All in all, the price was great, the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Breakfast was good, though the eggs needed salt and pepper and we could not find any. It did not seem that busy, but the trashcan was full and was not emptied for over an hour. Not a problem as we were able to stack trash on the nearby table, we just felt bad for the staff and not being able to keep up

As I stated, it was very family-friendly, included a free breakfast, has a nice gathering area, had a good pool, and a great price. We DO plan to stay here next year again for a family / cousin sleepover!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BengaliKert
Chris M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Charlotte Matthews, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you so much for choosing the Fairfield Inn Charlotte Matthews. On your next visit to Charlotte, Please contact us direct for your reservations need.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

I stayed here two nights for business. It seemed everyone here was here on business. The room was fine, though you could hear the traffic on the main road (I was on the third floor.) and the view of the dumpster of the hotel next door was less than lovely. But fine, whatever. I thought there was something odd about the room when I first got in there, and it eventually hit me that there was no artwork on the walls, except in the bathroom. Weird.

On the full day I was in town, I left the room about 8:30 and got back around 4. I left no hang tag on the door, and the room had not been visited by housekeeping all day. No biggie. I was by myself so I had enough towels and such in the room for two nights. There was no bath mat towel though, so I used two hand towels side-by-side.

This room did have a couple of things that are crucial to a good hotel stay for me: the ability to make the room completely dark and quiet. The only light I had to cover unconventionally was the time on the microwave. I ran an air purifier in the room and that quieted the traffic noise.

All of the staff I encountered were cordial and welcoming.

P.S. Hey management, there was a sticker on the ceiling in the area where you waited for the elevator on the third floor. It was a goat with sunglass and a crown on. You can't make this stuff up.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for choosing the Fairfield Inn Charlotte Matthews. I have gone to Chili's to see what can be done regarding the dumpsters in the middle of the night.

Reviewed December 17, 2017

This property is new, clean and well managed! Everything was clean, staff was great, and personable. Breakfast was more than ample. Will definitely stay here again! Given the location, the rooms are also very quiet. There's a Panera Bread next door.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank rhp911

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

Yours in Service

Reviewed December 4, 2017

Staff in all departments were excellent. Location is very good; a short walk in secure surroundings to CBD. Quiet. Price competitive. Food good, at a price. Parking excellent. Courtesy car: yes.
Peculiarity: no hotel directory.

Stayed: November 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay.

Reviewed November 25, 2017

We arrived a couple of hours early, and Nikki at the front desk was so very helpful in finding us a room immediately.

Our room was nicely appointed, the furnishings were nice, the bed and pillows were very comfortable, the bathroom was very clean and stocked with good towels, and the wi-fi was reliable.

The lobby was pretty, the breakfast was quite good, and the staff was extremely friendly.

Thanks for a great stay, I am sure that we will be back!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I will make sure I share with the staff.