All reviews gallery restaurant golf course view spa services beautiful hotel soaking tub separate shower outdoor pool daughter's wedding room service business meeting the entire staff southern hospitality parking lot fitness center lodge meyer concierge
Reviewed November 15, 2018

My husband and I made reservations to celebrate our anniversary. When we arrived we were greeted with smiling faces and helpful employees. We checked in and went to our room. When we arrived at our room we noticed a small blemish. That didn't ruin our time we simply asked housekeeping to fix it; not a big deal to us as we continued with our spa reservations. About 4hrs later we returned to our room and let’s just say housekeeping and management went above and beyond what we asked for. They even checked on us when we returned to the room to make sure things were up to our standards. Thanks to George Beattie and the team for making our anniversary celebration AWESOME. You guys went above and beyond to ensure the remainder of our stay was exceptional. The hotel is beautiful, the employees are nice and helpful, and the Spa is amazing. Although we do not golf the course was an amazing view from the room.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed November 4, 2018

Our group used the Ballantyne for our conference of about 100 people. The accommodations were outstanding. Rooms nicely laid out, wonderful comfortable bed, highly attentive staff. The conference facility was not outstanding but still pretty good. Food was good but not great--and the layout is just so-so. The conference rooms are spread out over large space, so walks often long and some of the rooms feel remote and hard to find. Still, the conference rooms themselves are excellent and provided good meeting space. So, overall a good choice and would be happy to return.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2018

We went to Charlotte to see the Panthers play football this past weekend and had an amazing stay at the Ballantyne. The staff was fantastic, the golf course was in great shape, and the restaurant we ate at at the hotel was delicious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that likes great service, food, drinks and rooms.

Room tip: The rooms overlooking the golf course are great.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2018

We had a room/golf/breakfast package and everyone we encountered from the golf course staff to the bartender to the staff at restaurant was friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Even the two guys who drove us on the hotel shuttle to a local restaurant. Beautiful hotel; wonderful golf course. We're already planning when we can come again.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed October 18, 2018

I stayed here in May for my anniversary. I liked the outdoor pool area and loved the spa. Best manicure I ever had by Tonya. The sweetest nail tech ever. The room was just ok I found the service to be sub-par. The clerk at check in was very condescending. I called to ask for a room with a better view and she immediately said non were available, not sure she checked. She stated all king rooms face the parking lot which I find hard to believe but OK. Breakfast at the restaurant was delicious, drinks were pricey. My husband brought me here again in October as a surprise. Hotel is totally renovated, looks great and the room was very nice but again facing that parking lot. Why wouldn't they have king rooms overlooking the golf course or pool. Had a wonderful manicure again by Tonya. Prices are high and I don't mind paying for great but I'm not sure the service warrants the hefty price tag. 4 drinks at the bar cost $80. The bed and sleep experience was phenomenal. I even went online and purchased the pillows.

Room tip: I was told you can only get a golf course view with a double room. Seems strange to me.
Date of stay: May 2018