“A must see for a NASCAR fan!”

Hendrick Motorsports Complex
Ranked #6 of 189 things to do in Charlotte
Reviewed March 6, 2018

The Hendrick Motorsports Complex is amazing! We toured two buildings - the 5/24 car building we were able to do more of a tour & see into the shop as the people were working. Lots of cars, trophies, photos of drivers, history and driver's helmets and suits. The 48/88 car building was under some construction so we were not able to see into the shop area - they had 4 video cameras showing the shop are though. We then went back further in the complex to the museum which was also amazing. One of the women working in the store part of the museum told us that we could go out back & watch the pit crews practice. That was really great. There were 2 cars / 2 teams and once they completed what they needed to do for the car - changing tires, fueling, etc. they gathered around & watched a play-back on a monitor and critiqued it. We would highly recommend a visit here - and there is no cost!

3  Thank Heatherru
"stock car racing"
"pit crew"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

We were very impressed with the facility. It’s an awesome place to see. Loved the cars trophies etc that are on show.
What we weren’t impressed with were the staff in the gift shop. I am a nearly 50 year old woman & I had a member of staff decide she needed to follow me around the whole store. The only reason I can think of was that she thought I was a shoplifter. I bought an ornament for my xmas tree & left as fast as I could. Such an insulting experience. Would have purchased so much more if it hadn’t been for this lady.

2  Thank sharonscottishlass
Reviewed February 9, 2018

it was very nice place. and the complex was gorgeous, as well as the staff very friendly!! and many items yo cold purchase and no admission to get in!

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

I am not an avid racing fan but have been going to and watching races on tv for over 50 years. Seeing how the teams assemble a car was very interesting. I don’t think small children would be interested in this but teenage kids probably would. Any racing fan should visit the race shop and museum. Of course, it’s just Hendricks team cars but still an awesome display. Free and worth the visit.

1  Thank tahkli71
See more reviews
Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

What a clean and very well designed facility. The museum/souvenir store is in its own building complete with multiple cars (some of them still in their wrecked state, some of them with Daytona 500 confetti still on them) - lots of amazing history based on the legacy that Rick Hendrick has built. In two other buildings are the 88, the 48, the 24 and the5 teams. Great lighting, high ceilings - you can actually look into their shop and watch them working on cars. Just awe inspiring. There are trophies, fire-suits, cars - all kinds of Nascar items! And the most beautiful fountain outside to memorialize those family members and team members lost on the plane crash.
This is a stop for Nascar fans... doesn't matter who your driver or team is, this will have you leaving with a smile on your face!

2  Thank marci4tony