Review Highlights
Very Classy Race Shop

Always a Big Fan of Hendrick Motorsports. Modern race facilities, beautiful memorial to team... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
MelaGuy3
Chillicothe, Ohio
Great place to visit

WOW what a great experience! Everybody here was super friendly and helpful. The displays were... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
tug11
Long Island, New York

Recommended experiences in and around Charlotte
from US$49.00
from US$26.81
from US$15.00
from US$26.81
More Info
All reviews race shops gift shop nascar fan dale jr garage area on display winning cars jimmy johnson motor sports charlotte motor speedway team store free museum pit crew for sale behind the scenes great place to visit lots of history
Reviewed March 23, 2018

First its free so you can't go wrong. Yes they try to get you to buy things but that's what they are there for. Can see different cars and trophies. The best thing is that you can see the pit crews practice from Tuesdays thru Thursdays.

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank PeterHa1
Reviewed March 6, 2018

The Hendrick Motorsports Complex is amazing! We toured two buildings - the 5/24 car building we were able to do more of a tour & see into the shop as the people were working. Lots of cars, trophies, photos of drivers, history and driver's helmets and suits. The 48/88 car building was under some construction so we were not able to see into the shop area - they had 4 video cameras showing the shop are though. We then went back further in the complex to the museum which was also amazing. One of the women working in the store part of the museum told us that we could go out back & watch the pit crews practice. That was really great. There were 2 cars / 2 teams and once they completed what they needed to do for the car - changing tires, fueling, etc. they gathered around & watched a play-back on a monitor and critiqued it. We would highly recommend a visit here - and there is no cost!

Date of experience: February 2018
3  Thank Heatherru
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

We were very impressed with the facility. It’s an awesome place to see. Loved the cars trophies etc that are on show.
What we weren’t impressed with were the staff in the gift shop. I am a nearly 50 year old woman & I had a member of staff decide she needed to follow me around the whole store. The only reason I can think of was that she thought I was a shoplifter. I bought an ornament for my xmas tree & left as fast as I could. Such an insulting experience. Would have purchased so much more if it hadn’t been for this lady.

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank sharonscottishlass
Reviewed February 9, 2018

it was very nice place. and the complex was gorgeous, as well as the staff very friendly!! and many items yo cold purchase and no admission to get in!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

I am not an avid racing fan but have been going to and watching races on tv for over 50 years. Seeing how the teams assemble a car was very interesting. I don’t think small children would be interested in this but teenage kids probably would. Any racing fan should visit the race shop and museum. Of course, it’s just Hendricks team cars but still an awesome display. Free and worth the visit.

Date of experience: November 2017