“Terrible!!!!”

Ranked #163 of 178 Hotels in Charlotte
Maryland
“Terrible!!!!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I advise anyone with good sense not to stay here. The service was terrible. Upon check in we found that our reservation wasn't in the system. In addition, someone left their toolkit and hat in the room as if they forgot them when returning from break.

The staff was ridiculously rude and impatient. Their response to a question regarding the ice machine being broken was that "it hasn't worked in 2 years." We witnessed the receptionist be rude to a customer when she complained about the lack of cleanliness of her room.

The place really should be condemed. There was mold in the shower and the toilet seat wasn't attached to the toilet. I don't like posting bad comments about businesses but i will never, ever stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Customer968

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fort Bragg, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I never stayed at this hotel and here's why. I booked my room online and ended up not needed the room. I called to cancel over 24 hours before check in. The very rude receptionist told me that I was going to be charged a night for canceling late. I explained to her that there was no policy explanation in my conformation email. So she tells me that "everyone" knows that you can't cancel this late. After several minutes of arguing this she blurts out that she is gonna cancel the reservation and charge me the one night stay and hangs up on me. I was completely shocked!! So after some digging on the web site I found the cancellation policy that says you have until 4pm the day of check in to cancel. So my husband calls back to straighten this all out and we were not charged anything. But we are banned for life from there!! lol After reading all the reviews here I would say thats a blessing in disguise!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Carrie C
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I definitely would not recommend this place or stay here again. It is very drab and low-end. On the plus side, it's easy to find and close to the highway. There's tons of parking and the front desk was nice and let me check in early. However...

The place is really old, in desperate need of an update in every way. The bathroom was dingy and my toilet ran constantly after it was flushed. Also, the bathtub was really scuzzy. There was no hairdryer, just a holder for one. When I called the front desk and asked for a replacement they told me they did not have any spare dryers. They also didn't provide conditioner for your hair. I found several tears in my comforter. Overall, the whole place just needs improved lighting. It's dim, including the lobby, and it makes the whole place seem depressed. Honestly I didn't feel completely safe there. I'm sure I was, but the dim and drab atmosphere really gave me the creeps. I spent the two nights I was there really wishing my husband had been with me.

Overall, this is not a good place to stay. It's cheap, but you really get what you pay for. It's not a bargain. Next time I will definitely splurge and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank jwall915
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 November 2011

My family rented a meeting room for a dinner we were having. It was really dirty when we got it. the floor had trash all over it which we had to vacum ourselves, the tables were broken, the chairs were ripped, the bathroom had no toilet paper, the sink had no towels, when we asked for a vacum the cleaning lady brought us a dirty vacum that made the whole room smell like burnt rubber. We cleaned everything ourselves including the bathroom and the hallway because it all smelled like sour trash and there were dead roaches everywhere. definitly not worth what we paid.

Room Tip: ask to see a room before you book it.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank nereida A
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This place was horrible from the start. They didn't want to honor the coupon from online via their gorgeous website, which is decietful. They did me a favor because there is no way that I was going to stay an additional night. Please read the bad reviews on here because they are true.

A man came up to me and wanted to clean my car for some change. I gave him a few bucks and he hovered around my car until I paid him to leave it alone. For the short while I was there, I couldn't stop peaking out the window in fear that my car would get broken into. There were drug deals going on at this place and prostitution.

The room was HORRIBLE. The bed was DISGUSTING! Both of them had hair in them dirty sheets and looks like the never washed the blankets. This was the worst Hotel I ever stayed in. Stay far away from this place. Don't even consider unless you are willing to go through some of these things. I did not sleep at this hotel. I showed and got my things up from out of there and came back the next day to make sure my bill was correct. The free breakfast..lol I WOULDN'T DARE TOUCH IT! I wouldn't let my pet eat those hard powdered donuts, or bagels. The coffe pots were dingy and the breakfast area was filthy. The coffee pot im my room had bugs in it eewww..

In all, stay far away from this place and the website must be a totally different hotel. Those people should be ashamed for representing online like that. Its a total LIE! Take it from me and those other reviews on here.

Room Tip: Stay away from any room here...
Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank 4realguy
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Three of us had a wedding in the area and we are on a college budget so $55 a night sounded great to us. WRONG!! you get what you pay for. We had to wait to get into our room so we sat in the parking lot and realized there was broken car window class on the ground. while walking up to the third floor to our room half the stairs were broken one had a wood board in its place and another looked like it was going to fall if stepped on. when we finally got into the hotel room an African American man came to our room asking for money b/c he saw us walking in and as he put it we were the only white people at the hotel and he figured that we had money to give him so he could go see his girlfriend. the curtains would not close which made that very scary after this man came to our door. we demanded our money back. While walking out we found a underwear under the bed... so the room was not cleaned. this place is good if your a drug dealer( which we saw a few deals go down) or a hooker. if you have a nice car ( anything over 1995) dont stay it will most likely bring people to your room... this place should just close down!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank OMGmyrlte26
Bennett, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 June 2011

This was a very nice hotel. My husband and I finally reached this place after two bad experiences in other hotels on this same weekend. The rates were very good and the pool was a very nice environment. The rooms were also extremely clean and great accomodations. However, the hotel staff is nothing to brag about. They are not very friendly and they don't seem to want to help although if you stay persistent they will. We arrived before the check in time but they still let us go to the pool for an hour before our room was ready. It was a great place for a reasonable price:)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple