“Great food and great service ”
Review of Cafe South

Cafe South
Ranked #47 of 2,565 Restaurants in Charlotte
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve had to come here often now that we are in a hotel for a longer period of time. The wait staff are very friendly, food is brought to you in a timely manner, and overall the food is exceptionally good.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Found Cafe South near our hotel. Great food - we especially like their Monterey Chicken dish. Great service. Found their wifi lacking though.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The sign outside says home cooked food and indeed it is. My husband and I decide to eat light so I ordered a wrap and he a club sandwich and soup. The menu offered either hand cut fries (which my husband really enjoyed) or onion rings (which I thought were the best I ever had). The wrap was very tasty, the club was so tall, he couldn't bite down very easily. Dessert was a shared slice of pecan pie. The crust was a cookie crust and heavy on the bourbon....so yummy.
Our waitress was lovely and every time she said " bless your heart", I was silently amused.
We will return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The reviews were really good so we decided to try. Best decision! My husband had the baked chicken and I had the chicken Monterey. The salads were very good, the selection of sides was extensive and all was wonderful. Our waitress was so friendly and amazing! Definitely will return when we were in town.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to this restaurant because it was convenient and are so happy we did. Nervous because it was obviously a Bob Evans in a previous life. But we all ate well and left happy. First of all, the staff was kind and welcoming. Feels like you’re at a friends house. Service was excellent and fast. Food delicious and great portions. Hubs had the veggie gyro, I had the breaded snapper. Kids had the spaghetti. Basic adult beverages (domestic beer and Sutter Home wine) but reasonably priced. This a great place to get good food the whole family will eat for a reasonable price.

Been to Cafe South? Share your experiences!