“Great Southern BBQ”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th and the Light Rail
Transit: Located on the last stop of the Light Rail.
Description: Located in the 7th Street station building and at the 7th street station stop on the Light Rail system. Opened in 2012, Queen City Q offers a melding of BBQ styles serving Pulled Pork and allowing you to sauce it at the table with one of their 6 sauces. Brisket, Ribs and Chicken are also mouthwatering creating an adventure for the meat lover.
Reviewed October 20, 2018

Great Southern style BBQ. A huge selection of BBQ, sides and beer. The wait staff paid close attention. The servings were generous.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed October 3, 2018

The BBQ was amazing. I recommend the combo with four meats. Its enough for two to share and its amazing. Don't leave without dessert. The banana pudding cheesecake is heavenly. The service is great and fast. I can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Katrena J
Reviewed August 20, 2018

We frequent Queen City Q often on our way to Blumenthal. Good BBQ and sides. Good choice of beers and cocktails. Waitstaff are courteous and professional.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Let's start by saying that at 6 people at my table there is a automatic 20% gratuity included ... That means you are assuming my server preformed at a 20% level. Not so much!
My server was nice but not attentive at all, and as a former server myself you start at 20 and work your way down, or even up if service is deserving . The ticket already generated the 20% tip so rather then argue paid and left. Never to return !
As far as food, it was nothing exceptional, there idea of Texas Toast was burnt bread, sweet tea was not good, my husband had an empty glass for 10 minutes. The smoked sausage was ok, however I wonder if they use liquid smoke more then actually smoking the meats. The flavor and consistency of the sausage reminded me if it. Irreguard less we will not return. I've had better BBQ off side road vendors.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Service was good. Food was really good. Not the KC BBQ we are used to but the food was very good! We met a friend for dinner and we were able to sit and chat without having to yell.

Date of visit: July 2018

Been to Queen City Q? Share your experiences!