“Agreed it is a "copy" but OK Food”
Review of Bernardin's

Bernardin's
Ranked #134 of 2,634 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed March 13, 2018

We weren't fooled by its pretentious name. We knew it was local fare, but the food and service were fine. Not amazing but there was enough on the menu to find something satisfying. Does it live up to its local reputation?
I don't know but remember this is Charlotte.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

This is one of those "copy" restaurants that have posed as a very recognizable fine dining tour de force. Unfortunately. all they can get right is a filet mignon, which is actually not all that difficult. Fine dining should be all about an intimate experience from entry to exit. Their maître 'd was rude. The seating was unfortunate. The server was nice enough, but food arrived cold. Do not use the facilities. They are simply dirty. A simple visit to the Courtyard hotel would demonstrate even the simplest example of cleanliness.

Save your hard earned money. Another Faux fine diner.

1  Thank Thunderdogct
Reviewed February 14, 2018

My mother and I ate here prior to a concert. We each had a specialty cocktail which was delicious. Our entrees were tuna and lamb which were both cooked to perfection. My mom had a lot of cash in an envelope that she accidentally dropped under the table after paying. Our wonderful waiter, Alex, called me to say he had found it. We returned the next day to retrieve it....his honesty restored my faith in humanity!!!!

1  Thank kiminflatrock
Reviewed February 4, 2018

This location has been home to several restaurants over time, all of them very good. But Bernardin's is probably the best iteration. Same decor but the food, service and presentation are five-star. A great place for an uptown meal in uptown Charlotte -- and very close to several museums, with the added bonus of plenty of parking.

1  Thank joanna v
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Saturday my wife and I had a second dinner at Bernardin's, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The service and ambience are, to us, among Charlotte's best. I used the Queen's Feast menu and thoroughly enjoyed the tuna tartare, the black bass, and the chocolate tart (one of the best I've eaten). My wife's dish from the main menu, alas, didn't quite measure up as the chicken breast was somewhat overcooked and dry. The sauce and sides were just right, but the dried chicken was a negative. Her creme brûlée was outstanding. So we'd give 4.5 stars if we could. One other negative is the limited selection of wines by the glass. They could double the number and make the option much better.

Been to Bernardin's? Share your experiences!