“Brunch treat from some special friends!”
Review of Mimosa Grill

Mimosa Grill
Ranked #55 of 2,730 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, View, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Second Ward
Cross street: Martin Luther King & Tryon Streets
Reviewed October 13, 2018

We visited some friends who recently moved to Matthews and to reward us they took us here for Sunday brunch. It was quite a treat. Our waiter catered to our every need. We choose a few of the small plates such as the fried chicken biscuits and the pecan crusted french toast. They were both amazing. The french toast was served with strawberries. The brunch too was very good. There was a lot of variety but my favorite thing was the shrimp and grits bar. I added pimento cheese and bacon on top and it was scrumptious and I don't even like grits! The downtown scenery was nice too! We especially liked the valet parking with the Panthers in town for a home game.

Date of visit: October 2018
Elizabeth M, Manager at Mimosa Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thanks so much for letting us know about your recent experience at Mimosa. We are so glad you enjoyed the time you spent with us, hospitality and service. When you are in next, please ask for a manager. We would love to meet you and say hello.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

I wanted a nice brunch before boarding my flight back home and gave this place a try due to their high ratings. Overall dining experience was great. I sat at the bar and while there was nothing that my server failed to do, he was more focused on providing prompt service throughout and did not bother introducing himself at any point. Had their crabs eggs bene dish and while it was pretty tasty overall, the crab cake mix was a bit too heavy for me. I had a mimosa and hot tea to accompany my meal and the check came out to $28 and change - pretty decent value. Apparently, it is a Charlotte staple that has been in operation for over 25 years and I plan to return to try their other dishes.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thanks so much for letting us know about your recent experience at Mimosa. We are so glad you enjoyed the time you spent with us, hospitality and service. Thank you so much for your feedback, we truly appreciate it. When you are in next, please ask for a manager. We would love to meet you and say hello.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

Nice variety for brunch! The service was exceptional. The waiter was willing to customize my shrimp and grits since I have some restrictions. We sat on the window side of the restaurant with a nice view of the outdoor area.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

We ate here to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We chose a variety of starters & small plates which we shared. The portions were more than generous. We brought the leftovers back to the hotel for tomorrow night's dinner. EVERYTHING was masterfully put together. The flavors were distinct, spices were used perfectly, everything was delivered to the table cooked perfectly. It's been a very long time since we dined so well.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were visiting Charlotte and looking for dinner that was reasonably priced, interesting menu and not loud and crazy. We came upon the Mimosa Grill and nailed it. Seated quickly in a quiet corner of the bar area, we got our drink order in and perused a nice selection of interesting dishes. Started with the watermelon salad (perfect opener), moved on to the seafood stuffed Hush Puppies (very tasty) and wrapped it up with the fried chicken (crunchy crispy outside and moist and tender inside). Very pleased and nicely full! One very minor glitch was the unannounced disappearance of our server between the first and second course. We think that caused a delay on the arrival of the rest of the food but the bartender took over (without being asked) and all was right in the world.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thanks so much for letting us know about your recent experience at Mimosa. We are so glad you enjoyed the time you spent with us, hospitality and service. Thank you for your feedback we definitely appreciate it! When you are in next, please ask for a manager. We would love to meet you and say hello.