New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Excellent food in elegant surroundings, at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Upstream

Upstream
Reserve with OpenTable
Upstream is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 2,280 Restaurants in Charlotte
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Fairview Road
Description: Craving fresh, day boat seafood and sushi? Upstream, located in the heart of the bustling South park area at Phillips Place, offers guests an innovative menu created by Executive Chef, Tom Dyrness. With a list of awards, including the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, The Dirona Award, Zagat and being named one of the “best new restaurants in the country” by Esquire’s John Mariani, Upstream is the place to have a spectacular dining experience whenever dining in Charlotte.
Fortaleza, CE
“Excellent food in elegant surroundings, at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

We went here on the suggestion of personnel at our hotel's front desk when we said we wanted seafood. It was an excellent choice. Located in an upscale outdoor shopping/restaurant/hotel complex, we were impressed at the nice surroundings and by the selection of food. I had Idaho trout and my wife had Scottish salmon (wild, not farmp-raised, as I recall) from the "served simple" section of the menu, which gives you your choice of sauce and one side dish (one could also order more complicated dishes). I tried Thai Peanut sauce on my trout and my wife had a lemon sauce on her salmon. We each had a glass of wine (which was half price on Sunday night). Total bill was just over $60 for two, and we felt it was worth it.

It's part of a chain, but was a far cry from ordinary. We would return to this, or another, locaton.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Although this is considered a Asian influenced seafood restaurant, I ordered a beef filet that turned out to be one of the best I have ever had. I highly recommend!

Visited February 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“One of the Best Brunch Buffets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I've only eaten at Upstream for Sunday brunch and it is amazing. The brunch buffet and the tapas are so full of flavor and unique. It is great place for special occasions or a meal after Sunday service.

2 Thank Dawn M
N.Carolina
“Excellent Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Best Sunday Brunch in Charlotte. Huge selections, tapas delivered to your table, plus salads, meats and raw seafood selections.

2 Thank NCTravel0r
Deephaven
“Delicious Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

We went here with some friends and enjoyed a delicious dinner. My husband and I ate the grouper and the sea bass. Both were wonderful. We also shared the appetizer tower with calamari, shrimp lettuce wraps and crab cakes. Everything was fresh and prepared well. The service was outstanding.

Visited January 2012