“Great for lunch”

Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed January 30, 2017

My last visit the Ruben caught my eye. It was very good with all ingredients being just right. Quick service too.

Reviewed December 15, 2016 via mobile

Our family with two teenagers have tried Phil's Deli several times and as recent as yesterday we dropped in for lunch after leaving Fresh Market next door. We ordered the turkey rueben, roast beef with au jus and warm roast sandwich. All of which were just average. They were out of tea which I thought was odd. The Cole slaw and potato salad served as sides were no better than the grocery deli however the waitress bragged they were homemade.
When the decor is so plain and outdated and the food is just average, we won't be back.

Reviewed December 5, 2016

Phil's has been around for a long time and is the only "Jewish" Deli around Charlotte. (Not kosher, but still falls into the category of a N.Y. Jewish Deli). My only wish is that they would update the interior a bit -- not critical, but it would make the experience a bit nicer. Also, if they want to really hit the Jewish Deli experience, they should put free pickles in a bowl on the table for everyone vs. just putting them on the side of the plate.

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

It's nothing to look at decor wise inside(though the outside patio is lovely) but you won't care. The sandwiches are delicious and I highly recommend the homemade chicken salad which is superb. Leave room for a piece of their famous homemade pound cake.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

For some strange reason, I have been wildly craving chopped chicken liver. (No, it is not THAT--I am 71). I have lived in my present location for 5+ years, but have never been to Phil's, which is about .5 miles--walking. I went in today, ordered a chopped liver sandwich with mayo on rye, with potato salad to go. Got home, took one bite, and am now planning my meals to take our or eat in for the week. This was the smoothest, creamiest chopped liver I have ever had. Almost like a cheesecake texture. I was in total heaven. The potato salad is marvelous. Friends had told me their kosher hot dogs were awesome, so that is the next on the menu for me.

This is a family run, small, cozy restaurant, with tables and booths and a great, friendly wait staff. Service was prompt and the servers very polite and informed. I am now kicking myself for wasting 5 years and depriving myself of terrific food, within walking distance, even! Do not miss. IF your GPS doesn't give you readable directions, enter Strawberry Hill. Go behind Fresh Market on the brick walkway, and there it is.