“Great lunch visit”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Southwestern, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cabo Fish Taco is serves lunch and dinner, seven days a week. Serving fresh Baja Mexican Cuisine, featuring fresh seafood, chicken and steak. Cabo has a full bar, featuring over 13 original margaritas and a huge tequila list. In door and outdoor seating available. Also, offering a full to go menu.
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I've heard about this place for years but knew an evening visit would likely result in a wait. So my friend and I stopped by one weekday for lunch and were immediately seated. The corn salsa served with the chips that came out was exceptional and I munched on that all during the meal. I ordered a blackened mahi-mahi taco as well as whitefish, and both were delicious. While a tad pricey for lunch, I know this won't be my last visit. Ate outside on the patio, which was a bit noisier than I liked with loud trucks, so that next visit will be inside. Service excellent as well.

1  Thank Lee S

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Great place - hip vibe. Good prices, fast / pleasant service. Now, the food... The Tavarua (Tav-a-roo) Tuna Tacos were the BEST I've had... From the menu:

Blackened, lemon pepper rubbed tuna in a kiwi-pineapple fajita sauce served in two flour tortillas, stuffed with fresh greens, tomato, avocado, mixed cheese & topped with our Honey Wasabi Sauce...

Only beef is $8.25 for an order of Guac (granted it was BIG)... to go with the chips and pico / salsa. However, I'm a huge fan and want them to open an outlet back home in Cincinnati! I'd be a regular.

1  Thank MarkandBetsy
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Great spot in the renaissance of an old mill area. The original rustic feel set by the brick walls sets a laid back tone, but the food was anything but laid back. The BBQ Mahi Fish Tacos were outstanding. The fish was moist and packed full of flavor amplified by the cabbage slaw and white sauce. There were only 2 tacos, but they were loaded with fish making it more filling than 3 tacos in many restaurants I have been to. My wife's Thai Shrimp Wrap was outstanding as well. Add in the great service, including the manager checking to make sure all was good, this is definitely a place I would visit on another trip to Charlotte.

1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Love the funky laid back atmosphere. The margaritas are awesome, and their honey wasabi tuna tacos are to die for. I could eat them all day every day! Love the patio sitting downtown NODA-- great for people watching!

1  Thank Amarillis C
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Lunch on a Friday off from work that my barber suggested while in the barbershop is advice that was well received. The atmosphere reminded me of being in the Caribbean right in Charlotte, NC. The service of great food, which included great staff provided for an ideal Friday having lunch not having to return to work. The choices provide on the menu provides exceptional cuisine at great prices. We had the QUESADILLAS
A grilled flour tortilla, sautéed peppers, onions, Monterey jack & cheddar cheeses with your choice of…and EPIC TUNA BURRITO
Grilled tuna wrapped with black beans, rice, avocado, roasted red peppers, cheese & our white cilantro sauce...and we are looking forward to our next visit!

1  Thank Samuel D