“Great family experience”

Ranked #103 of 177 Hotels in Charlotte
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
“Great family experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

My family of 5 stayed here 2 nights and booked from an online review while we went to Carowinds for 2 days. The room was nice and the staff was friendly. The room was very clean, however the ac/heater could have been better. It took a while for the room to cool down. The indoor pool area could have been cleaner with the dirty towels laying all over and had to go to the front desk to have them bring more towels. Though they brought towels, they didn't bother to pick up the ones laying around where people who were obviously no longer there. A bit of a concern was the security in the parking lot, however nothing bad happened during out weekend stay. The breakfast was great and the lady that was in charge of the breakfast kept it spotless. She even went to find a ripe banana for my husband. You could tell that she took pride in her job. Will be staying here again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed here for a week in May for business. I was impressed as soon as I walked in, very clean. I checked in at the kiosk but was po'd that I didn't get a king bed like I'd reserved. When I asked at the front desk about that they said that was all they had left. I thought that's what the credit card reservation was for?? Some PGA Tour people were staying there (some players included I was told) so I have a feeling they may have paid a few extra bucks for my king room.
Anyway the room was very clean. I wasn't crazy about having the sink outside of the bathroom but no biggie. The TV was great, beds were not bad (not used to a double any more), and the room was huge. Really liked being able to spread out on the couch to watch TV.
Breakfast buffet was always very good. The staff there was very attentive and they were constantly clearing plates, glasses, etc. Starbucks coffee also. Plenty of juices, cereal, fresh fruit, english muffins, bagels. Nothing too heavy like sausage, bacon and no runny eggs.
The drive to downtown Charlotte was quick, went there for dinner a couple times. Even went to a place called the Tiilted Kilt once, which is basically a Hooters only the girls wear kilts. Great place to go watch a game but our server was horrible and we had a table of 8.
Overall an awesome stay, I'd definitely recommend it and stay again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I always feel at home when staying at this hotel. The hotel staff are very friendly and always helpful. And, the hotel is well maintained. I highly recommend staying here!

Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed here for several days for work. It's very clean, new in appearance and maintenance, and the staff was very conscientious. Located near I-77 adjacent to a business park. There is a starbucks within walking distance, and a few other chains, but you will want to drive to downtown Charlotte for local flavor. Recommend The Philosophers Stone and Jackalope Jacks (side by side) downtown if you want a place with great bar food and huge outdoor patios. DISH on Thomas street is MUST visit for some of the best southern comfort food you will find anywhere. Both are 10-15 min drives. Would definitely stay at this location again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I travel a lot for business and this hotel is one of my favorites. It clearly stands out from the crowd because Don at the front desk (day) has the invaluable gift of hospitality. Nobody, anywhere, understands hospitality and professionalism better than Don. He's a natural (but well trained to boot). He will treat you like the weary traveler you probably are. His counterparts are also quite well trained and very professional. You'll always be greeted with a wonderful smile, excellent professionalism and fresh popcorn and warm cookies too!

The other reason I really like this place is the woman in charge of housekeeping (I've forgotten her name) really does an excellent job. Everything is sharp as a tack. As a frequent traveler I really appreciate her commitment to excellence.

The location is great also. It's just a couple of miles from South Park and just a few more from downtown Charlotte.

I heartily recommend this hotel for it's extraordinary hospitality, cleanliness and location.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul T
Greenville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Upon entering the hotel, I felt welcomed! Originally, we were supposed to be in a different Holiday Inn & we were going to move to be closer to our event. However, the hotel quickly accommodated us. Loved the tall ceilings, large bathrooms & security at night. It was very nice with children to have a continental breakfast that's included. Staff was wonderful! Will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Bay City, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed in 2008 when the hotel was new. Stayed again this year as we had my son and his wife with us. This is one of the few places that has two queen beds instead of double beds. Still a nice clean place to stay. Convient off exit 3 on 77. Less than half a mile from the exit. Nice breakfast of various hot and cold cerials, pancakes eggs bacon and saussage and biscuits. If your looking for a nice place to stay on the way to Florida then give it a try.

• Stayed April 2012