Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Fun Date Night

Excellent place to try something new. Perfect for a date setting, or simply learning something... read more

Reviewed January 11, 2015
Curtez151
Santiago, Chile
A disappointing finish to an otherwise enjoyable experience

Reviewed October 26, 2017

from US$27.00
from US$60.00
from US$38.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 26, 2017

My Fiancé and I decided it would be a good idea to learn a very a choreographed dance for our first dance at our wedding. We purchased a 10 lesson package through QCB not including the first lesson complimentary (it is complimentary assuming you purchase a lesson package). Upon arriving for our second visit we were informed that our instructor from the first visit had left QCB. While we were disappointed, we ended up finding a fabulous instructor in Emily. We built a plan to ready ourselves for the Big Day. The plan was to utilize the first lessons to develop a routine and follow up closer to the wedding to drill it down into muscle memory for the wedding. I recently called QCB to schedule these remaining (3) lessons with Emily, only to find out that she now too has left QCB. The phone was passed on to Dana (owner) who tried to explain to me that she could provide another instructor for the (3) remaining lessons, saying the new instructor could learn the dance before our visit. I explained that I was not interested in changing instructors (I take golf and banjo lessons and am of the opinion that a change in instructor is a huge step backwards). I was barely able to explain my feelings before Dana went on the offensive about refund policy (which I fully understand we are not entitled to based on the lesson plan contract, despite the circumstances, even just for the remaining 3 as I asked), she appeared to be well practiced in this conversation and, in my opinion, quickly became rude and condescending about my concerns. We are very disappointed that the spirit of our involvement with the studio was not honored and both me and my fiancé now will be thinking of this during our first dance as a married couple. I recommend that anybody looking to QCB for reasons similar to ours to protect yourself and either purchase a smaller lesson plan or do shop around and find a different studio.

Date of experience: July 2017
5  Thank mikelamach
Tony P, Manager at Queen City Ballroom, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

Dear Michael,

We are sorry that you feel this way about Queen City Ballroom. As Course Director, I take these concerns very seriously. Once dance lessons are paid for it is our commitment and guarantee to provide the highest quality dance instruction available. It is admittedly impossible to predict such circumstances as yours as we had no idea of your instructor's intentions to leave our ballroom in the middle of your dance program. However, we certainly stand by our guarantee. During your phone call, we invited you to send us the video of your routine. We will be happy to have any of our instructors study your wedding routine on our own time free of charge. We can be ready to practice that routine with you and your fiancee as early as today. We handle hundreds of weddings per year, and our instructors have a collective knowledge base covering thousands of hours with the highest ranking anywhere in the state. We are confident that the coaching you receive will have you ready for your wedding in the time frame you need. Since your routine is recorded on a smart phone, sending it to us would be no more than a few clicks. The cost to you is zero, and the instructional experience would be as seamless as possible given the circumstances.

Feel free to contact me personally at 704-541-5440. I am happy to handle the matter personally for you in whatever way possible to have you looking sharp and wedding ready.

Kindest Personal Regards,

Tony Prado,
Course Director
Queen City Ballroom

Reviewed January 11, 2015

Excellent place to try something new. Perfect for a date setting, or simply learning something new.
They offer a variety of dance styles from ballroom to salsa. Instructors are very experienced and friendly. Nice venue. Big, open areas with kitchens so you could also host events/parties.
We took a salsa dance class, and loved it. They also host weekly events for certain styles of dance. We will be returning here, and highly recommend it.

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank Curtez151
Tony P, Manager at Queen City Ballroom, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2015

Thanks Curtez,
We're delighted you had a good time, and hope you will visit us often. Let us know how we can make your future dances even more fun at Queen City Ballroom. And feel free to recommend our regular Friday night dance parties to your friends.

Warm Regards,