All reviews m club room updates outdoor shopping area recent renovations mall across the street evening appetizers football team the concierge lounge infused water rooms are beautiful hardwood floors south park aaa rate desperate need location is great large tv free wifi
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We purchased the American Girl Doll Experience Everything Pink for my daughters birthday. It was a great experience. The room was perfect and the staff was so sweet to my daughter and her friend. They really out did themselves and exceeded my expectations.
Thank you for being a part of a celebration that she will never forget.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Kris H, General Manager at Charlotte Marriott SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear Jennifer M.,

Thank you for choosing the Charlotte Marriott SouthPark for your daughter's American Girl Doll experience. We are delighted to hear that your daughter and her friend enjoyed their celebration at the hotel and at the American Girl Doll store.

We appreciate your kind comments and certainly hope that every time you and your daughter think-pink, that you will remember your experience at our hotel!

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay for the most part. Construction going on around the hotel. Comfortable beds and clean rooms.

Enjoyed the M club. Good food options. Ask for complimentary beer and wine. It was not offered or at least not to us.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kris H, General Manager at Charlotte Marriott SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dear geekle,

So happy you had the opportunity to stay with us on this visit to Charlotte. I appreciate your comments about our clean rooms, comfortable beds and food selection in the M Club Lounge.

It is our hope that you will choose us again on your next visit to our area..... we'll have a nice glass of wine or a cold beer waiting for you to enjoy!

Cheers!

Reviewed September 16, 2018

I travel on business to Charlotte about once a month. This is my favorite hotel for many reasons. I am a Marriott Platinum member and I love their lounge. It is open all day and on the weekends. I'm not a huge dinner person so I can make a meal out of the snacks if I want to do so or walk to one of many restaurants nearby. The lounge breakfast is fantastic. Decent snacks all day. And a good place to have meetings, etc. I The mall is only a few blocks away. And it is a good mall (from someone that doesn't really like malls). Rooms are newly renovated.
The hotel is under construction or something is going on right outside. I've stayed there several times during this construction and have never been bothered or inconvenienced by the noise. The workout facility is more than adequate. It is quite nice. there is a little pool with decent chairs. Fridays they sometimes have a movie night near the pool which is nice when you are there with your family. It is a good option for business or families. But I may be just a little partial due to the concierge room. Enjoy!

Room tip: ASk for high floor. Away from construction. Construction wasn't issue for me - but I guess it could be?
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Travelandenjoyliving
Kris H, General Manager at Charlotte Marriott SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear Travelandenjoyliving,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you have had the opportunity to get out and explore our local area for shopping and dining; and are thrilled that you also choose to stay at the hotel to enjoy the hotel's amenities such as the M Club Lounge and fitness center.

I realize there are many hotels to choose from in our local area and are so glad you have decided to make us your home away from home!

Reviewed August 20, 2018

Spent Friday and Saturday night (Aug 17&18) and was disappointed in the level of service offered by the hotel. I hope that the hotel is geared to business visitors during the week and expectations are lowered on the weekend.

Upon arrival I had an issue with my reservation and felt that the evening manger was rude. This continued thru my checkout on Sunday. On Saturday morning the full service restaurant took 45 minutes to make an omelet when there were only a few people seated. I have to assume they forgot. On Sunday breakfast came out in less than 10 minutes. It appears that there are less staff and guest on the weekends.

There is construction happening in the parking lot which reduced the available parking. More importantly the parking lot is poorly lit and there are several construction containers that create dark concealed spots that you have to navigate at night.

Our room was remodeled and well done. It looked just like the photos. However, I have to assume that the room AC unit is old. It was very loud. The lobby is mixed. Its partially remodeled and partially from the 80s/90s. Some common areas still have dark wood trim and heavy molding where others have a modern gray tone. The elevator is in desperate need of repair. It's extremely loud and shakes. We were not sure if would make to the second floor.

There were two really good things about the hotel. The bellhop was very friendly and helpful. The location is great and allows very easy access to the restaurants and shopping immediately in the rear.

In this case the negatives out way the positives. With so many competitor hotels in Southpark it's easy enough to pick another option.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kris H, General Manager at Charlotte Marriott SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Dear jojobnc,

I am so sorry to hear about your your disappointment with your recent stay. Our goal is to provide our guests with a clean, comfortable room and top notch service, and it sounds like we fell short on the service portion on this occasion.

I am happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms; and as you mentioned, we are now starting to work updating the public areas as well. The construction you noticed is from the building of a neighboring property; however, I realize that this project makes our parking situation more of a challenge and apologize that you had difficulty finding spaces available to park.

I appreciate your mentioning the friendliness of our Bell Attendant and the convenience of our location to local dining and shopping. It is our hope that the renovation to our hotel and the building next door is completed, that you will allow us another opportunity to serve as your host.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Don't stay here!!! My boyfriend and I came here for a weekend of shopping and hanging out. Our room smelled like mold and had cobwebs in the corner. Our air conditioning unit was very loud and maintenance couldn't fix it . They told us that it has always been noisy and didn't even attempt to fix it . The only good thing about this hotel is the location. The mall is right across the street and there are plenty of good restaurants. But we will stay elsewhere next time

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank I2518BFjamief
Kris H, General Manager at Charlotte Marriott SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Dear Jamie F.,

I am so sorry to hear about the situation you experienced with noise coming from your AC unit, as well as for the inappropriate answer you received when you brought the matter to our attention. We appreciate when our guests let us know about this type of issue, otherwise they may go unnoticed.

I realize there are other hotels in our area that you can choose from. I am sorry that this situation soured your opinion of our hotel, as this is not representative of the type of service we are known for. I can only hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to serve as your host and better your experience.