All reviews m club room updates outdoor shopping area mall across the street evening appetizers recent renovations football team the concierge lounge infused water hardwood floors rooms are beautiful south park aaa rate desperate need location is great large tv free wifi
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

My sisters and I booked five rooms for a family wedding and some of the group checked out early we were so disappointed with the service and management of the hotel. There were numerous small things that happened over the course of the weekend—a bathtub that almost overflowed due to a broken tap, breakfast order forgotten and then items forgotten twice, rooms booked that needed two beds but only had one—but what was really upsetting was the management’s lack of professionalism and attentiveness when it came to customer service.

Two of us were Preferred Customers so on check I’m I was given free wi-fi but my other sister was not. I was given the wedding rate through Sunday evening but when my sister went to extend her stay they refused to give her that rate. This was an issue but what made it worse was the Manager’s attitude and unwillingness to accommodate them. Perhaps offer a room upgrade if the price couldn’t be reduced or complete the WiFi. Instead she basically said take it or leave and was frankly rude.

I also noticed two employees going for joy rides through the lobby in guests electric wheelchairs and thought at the time there must be poor management for employees to think that was okay.

So while the location and rooms were fine, the service and management would prevent me from ever staying there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank cynryan
Kris H, General Manager at Charlotte Marriott SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Dear cynryan,

Please accept my apologies for the various inconsistencies you experienced on this stay. I understand your concern about the bath tub and the missing breakfast items; and will review these issues with the appropriate staff at the hotel. I am also very sorry to hear about your displeasure with the way these situations were handled when addressed with our managers. I can explain that our rates do fluctuate based on day of the week and occupancy, and are not always able to honor bed-type requests, as you mentioned. Additionally, during the time of your stay we also had a group in-house who requested that we move their wheel chairs from the meeting room to their guest rooms; and instructed our staff that it would be easier to transport them by riding in them, then by pushing them.

We do pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service and am disappointed to hear that was not always the case on this occasion. I certainly hope on a future visit to Charlotte that you will allow us another opportunity to better your experience.

Reviewed October 22, 2018

We've stayed here three times over the past few months but will be trying out a new place next time. We come to Charlotte every couple months to visit our daughter. This past weekend we paid for three rooms because we brought my mother and our two college-aged sons with us- so we spent a lot of money on rooms! Here's the positives: the beds are very comfortable, rooms are clean and updated, and the location is good with free self-parking. The cons: as a Marriott Elite member, we'd always had access to the club room for a complimentary breakfast. Evidentially this policy has changed, and the front desk couldn't give a good explanation as to why. The hotel restaurant for breakfast is very overpriced on the weekends. We brought 12 people to eat, and it was $18 a person for a buffet- even if you only wanted fruit and yogurt ($25 if you wanted to add on an omlette). No ordering from a menu. Then the server added 18% gratuity for a large party- her attitude was lacking and she didn't do much of anything for us. She didn't even give us our coffee or water- just set in on a side table and said help yourself!
Another con is that housekeeping starts knocking on doors at 8 a.m. yelling, "housekeeping!" Never had that happen before so early on weekends!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Kris H, General Manager at Charlotte Marriott SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Dear Dawn J.,

I apologize for your disappointment with the price of the weekend breakfast buffet and while we do not offer the regular breakfast menu on the weekends, we agree that you should not be paying full price for fruit and yogurt and will certainly make another option available for this. I am also so sorry to hear that you were woken up so early by our housekeeping team on your last stay. I can assure you I will address this issue with our housekeeping team, to refresh them on the weekend service hours so everyone can enjoy the precious extra hours of sleep saved for the weekends!

Thank you for taking the time to offer your insight on your recent stays. We appreciate your choosing our hotel for your last 3 visits to Charlotte and would certainly welcome the opportunity to serve as your host again in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

This is an amazing location however a quite average Marriott. The service was good, rooms while remodeled were relatively sparse on decor and style. While the location assists greatly, if it were not here - this would be a 2 or lower. The elevators are slow and when i arrived 1 was not functioning. Moreover, there was a football team staying in the facility which was not controlled. Overall, I would recommend for the location however there are better options for the same or better cost

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kris H, General Manager at Charlotte Marriott SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear JayPorter,

I am so sorry to hear about your disappointment with the style and decor of our remodeled guest rooms, as well as with the elevator speed on this occasion. I understand that everyone's tastes are different and appreciate that you would have liked more traditional style choices.

We do thank you for your feedback and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to better your experience.

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Came in for a 1 day business trip and decided to stay here instead of in the city center.

The hotel is well run with friendly service especially at the checkin desk. They have a small M lounge, a bit of the older style than some properties I've been to, but its functional.

Clean. Rooms are spacious and well kept.

Ate dinner at the restaurant. The short ribs entree was huge. Flavorful and the ribs shredded easily with a fork, just like they should. There are also a bunch of restaurants right next to the hotel and they seemed quite busy.

Hotel has a small pool and a fitness center. Late checkout was not an issue.

All in all, a good option for the area.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Kris H, General Manager at Charlotte Marriott SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear Sid V.,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. So happy that you chose to stay with us while visiting Charlotte - and delighted that you gave the short ribs a try while you were here..... they are my favorite menu item!

On behalf of all of us here, we certainly hope we will have the opportunity to serve as your host again on your next visit to our area!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We purchased the American Girl Doll Experience Everything Pink for my daughters birthday. It was a great experience. The room was perfect and the staff was so sweet to my daughter and her friend. They really out did themselves and exceeded my expectations.
Thank you for being a part of a celebration that she will never forget.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jennifer M.,

Thank you for choosing the Charlotte Marriott SouthPark for your daughter's American Girl Doll experience. We are delighted to hear that your daughter and her friend enjoyed their celebration at the hotel and at the American Girl Doll store.

We appreciate your kind comments and certainly hope that every time you and your daughter think-pink, that you will remember your experience at our hotel!