“Pleasantly Suprised”
Review of Cherokee Lodge

Cherokee Lodge
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed 20 March 2010

After reading the reviews online I was really worried about how my stay at Cherokee Lodge would turn out. I had recieved free acomodations from Harrahs and had decided I would only stay one night if it was as bad as the reviews. I loved it the rooms are nice and spacious. They were also clean. You can walk to a little shopping area and there are lots of resturants nearby. Oh and by the way I am sending this from the lodges free wi-fi which I had read they didn't have. I will definatly return here even when I don't have a complimentary room. The staff were really nice and helpful and the stay was a great experince.,

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SouthCarolinaHappy

Reviewed 22 September 2009

I made reservations on a Thursday for a Saturday. I asked," if I need to cancel how far in advance would I need to call?" I was told I could call the morning of..."no problem". I did have to cancel, Friday, due to a virus/blood pressure problems, per my Doctor. I called on Tuesday to find out how soon I would receive a refund because they debited my account, even though I wanted to pay cash when I got there. I thought they were like all the other hotels...they take you card number just to "hold the room". She informed me there would be no refund because I did not cancel at least 7 days in advance. I asked for clarification of their policy. I was upset, but not ugly, the "manager" hung up on me. I called back and asked for the owners name or coprorates number, she refused. She then told me "the policy is on their website". I tried to tell her that I didn't book through the website, nor was I told anything about charges when I cancelled. I asked to speak to the girl who made the reservation, she said "the girl" that took my reservation didn't work there anymore, and who would she believe anyway?? The lady hung up on me again. I called back several times and as soon as she heard it was me she hung up on me. The last time I called back, she told me she was going to call the police. I said, "You are going to call the police just because I am trying to resolve a problem/complaint." I have stayed here before, it wasn't a great place but it was okay and I would have stayed there again. I will NEVER, EVER stay here again. The manager was rude and VERY unprofessional, if she really was the manager, because I can't imagine a manager treating a customer like she treated me.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Daboyznme
Reviewed 24 August 2009

My family just returned from a 3 day stay in Cherokee, where Harrah's booked us into the Cherokee Lodge. It was clean, comfortable, conveniently located, and the staff was very nice. No, it's not a 4 star hotel, but I don't think that you really need one in Cherokee--who goes there to stay in their hotel room? We will gladly return to Cherokee Lodge anytime we can.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We booked this hotel through Harrah casino web site. Harrah's hotel didn't have available rooms, and they recommended this hotel as their "partner". We checked the tripadvisor before booking and didn't find any negative comments about this place. So, we decided to go on with our reservation. For the price of $ 60 dollars we requested two queen beds and non-smoking room. When we arrived, clerk at the front desk informed us that the hotel is full and they have only the smoking room with one king bed for us. Given that there were four of us with two kids of 11 and 5 years old, this option was completely unacceptable. We wanted to check the options of other hotels around. We had the laptop with us but there were no Internet connection available even in the lobby. (Later on we found out that Baymont hotel accross the street had plenty of rooms for $ 70 with breakfast and the wireless Internet.) We asked to "free us" from the prior reservation but clerk at the front desk was very reluctant. At this moment the manager showed up who suggested that for additional $ 40 they will place us in the "suite". "You'll love the suite"-she said-"it has the balcony and the refrigerator." Given the circumstances, we were happy to get the suite. However, another disappointment awaited us when we entered the room. It was not a "suite" in the traditional sense of word. It was just a bigger room (which seemed even bigger because of the lack of furniture) with the minimal amount of very old furniture and the balcony facing the busy road. This room definitely was not worth $ 100 dollars that we paid for it as a result but we were too tired to argue at this stage. Overall, we felt like we were basically "ripped off". This is a typical motel which should not cost more than $ 50 (breakfast is not included in this price). There is a gas station accross it as well as couple of "budget hotels" nearby but all the major Cherokee attractions are far from it. I will never stay there again. I was surprised that the hotel was really "booked" on that night. There are plenty of other lodging options nearby. So, I assume that many people were also mislead by the lack of prior honest assessment of this place on tripadvisor.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Natalia05
Reviewed 26 February 2009

My two night stay at cherokee lodge was one I do not want to repeat. The cleaning lady did not leave no towels,coffee,or toliet tissue.The day we headed home I accidentally left my jacket,I contacted the motel several times,the manger never return my call. so I assume an employee wanted to keep my jacket.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank babs020
Reviewed 3 February 2009

We stayed there to celebrate my Mom's 80th birthday. The staff bent over backwards for us. The rooms have been redecorated and are very nice. The towels are of a better quality than you would expect for that rate. The overall stay was exceptional. The rate was very good! While in Cherokee we will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank catran
Reviewed 21 January 2009

Stayed at this place for two nights in October 2008. Had a wonderful time.. Was plenty clean, very quiet, decent location. Hardees is located just next door, along with a gas station. Best Western is across the road, and have a wonderful little resturant inside.. Try the Chicken Fried Chicken. It rocks.. Shuttle to Harrahs is scheduled at the front desk. It was $1 each way per person.. Make sure you catch the shuttle back before 11 pm if you don't take money for a taxi, as 11 pm is the last run for the shuttle service.

Cherokee Lodge was a great price, great location, great stay....

To view pictures from my stay here, you can check out my myspace..

myspace.com/cancun2005wv

They are under Smoky Mountains

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)