“Awesome Trail ride with Dawson!”

Smokemont Riding Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Smokemont Riding Stables is located within the Great Smoky Mountains National Park just off US 441, 6 miles north of Cherokee, North Carolina. We offer guided horseback riding trips from one hour to 4 hours long. Each ride is unique and may feature river crossing or waterfall views. We also have a horse drawn wagon ride that goes along the Oconaluftee River on the historic turnpike road.
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Great staff, friendly knowledgeable. Cater to experience and not. I would definitely recommend! Loved it and thank you Dawson and staff. And Rambo , Roan and Polly! Gorgeous! No dress code, but for your comfort ,jeans and boots!

All reviews
"experienced riders"
in 11 reviews
"longer ride"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this stable"
in 4 reviews
in 226 reviews
"buck"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

If riding horses everyday was like our experience at Smokemont I’d do it! Our family had a wonderful time. We were treated with respect and patience. We had varying levels of experience and the staff picked good horses for us all. Dylan was our guide. He was very kind and helpful, also knowledgeable about the area. We felt like we were the only guests they’d have all day, with personal attention and unhurried pace.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I booked my husband and I on the 1 hour early morning ride. I've never been on a horse and was quite nervous but had read a lot of the reviews in here and being that this is something I wanted to experience thought we could give it a try. The staff couldn't have been any nicer and they went over everything and explained things quite nicely. They paired me with a horse named Spirit. He was very gentle through the whole ride. My husband (who has rode before) was paired with a horse named Pete he was also pretty gentle. Our guide Jeremiah was great! He talked throughout the whole ride, talking about the area, the history and the wildlife. We were in a group of four so he stopped often to check on us and to make sure he didn't get too far in front of us and he even stopped to take pictures of us before our ride was over. I had the best experience and can't wait to go back and do it again! Everyone made me feel so at ease.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

Jeremiah was a great guide, wife and I had a great morning ride, keep up the good work guys, thoroughly professional group of folks, many thanks.