All reviews rooms overlooking room was clean memorial day weekend within walking distance a great place to stay casino creek mattress
Reviewed May 28, 2018

This is the kind of place that reminded me of the places we stayed at when I was a little boy. Small, "mom & pop" run place in a good location with friendly people. Laverne was very nice when we checked in. The "neighbors" were quiet, and the sound/flow of the river out the back window was tranquil. But the overall "look" of the place (inside) was in need of some repairs. The floor was uneven, the was some base-board rot in the bathroom, the toilet was unsteady and the seat loose, and the bed needed a new mattress. Given that, I thought the price was a bit high ($125 night). But it was nice to be near in "downtown" Cherokee right on the river and near some of the sights (far from the casino). There was plenty of places to walk the dog too. We recommend Paul's Restaurant for a nice less pricey meal. Overall, it was a good hotel for a quick overnight.

Room Tip: Quiet small dogs welcome but book far in advance to get a "pet room".
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2018

I would rate the customer service a negative 50.
Had the staff provided accurate information, I would have
chosen a different room, and great possibly a different motel.
Had the staff informed me the laundry facility was out of
order, I would have stayed somewhere else.

Room Tip: Only the upper rooms have a view over the river. Wasn't told that.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2017

We have stayed here for many many visits to Cherokee and this will be the last time. While the location is amazing the rooms are in disrepair that never seems to get any attention. Our shower broke the first night of our stay (3 nights total) and we had to use a wrench to work the remainder of our visit even though we asked twice about having repaired. Family who stayed in another room had to change rooms twice as A/C was not working in one and tub was broken in another. Sad to see such a place become so rundown.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

The office staff was extremely rude and in fact called me a liar. Bless her heart...had my son not been in the office with me I am afraid I may not have been polite in return to her rudeness. She also was very rude to my son and daughter in law when they went down to the office on our 2nd night there (requesting towels since we had zero towels left by the service that day). She brought them 4 brownish "bath mats" and no towels or bath clothes. My son told her we had to have some towels and she rudely went and got towels that she claimed were her personal towels and demanded that they return them the next day. Are you kidding me ...returning dirty towels to the office...I thought that was what we paid for the maid service to do?!?! The room was filthy and the towels were awful. This is the first time I have ever posted on trip advisor but the rude service we received was just too much to ignore. The little old hateful blonde in the office needs to be terminated. This hotel is appropriately called "Drama Inn".

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank dncarter
Reviewed July 13, 2017

It was a great place to stay for my family of six. The Inn is in the middle of all the attractions and the BEST PART is the creek behind the inn. My family played in the creek the minute we checked in and the next day before we left they played again at 730am.
Room was clean and welcoming. The only odd part is when I went to the office to ask a question early in the morning it was closed. I guess they close the office during a certain time and reopen it. Besides that, we had a great stay and if we are ever in the area again this is the place we will stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family