All reviews balcony overlooking the river room was clean front desk egg patties outdoor drama sitting area two sinks continental breakfast nice balcony oconaluftee river hot items stay there again yogurt two queen beds air conditioner an older hotel jacuzzi tub
Reviewed June 10, 2018

Staff should be wearing name tags so you know who is doing there job. Guest services should be helping customers not talking behind there backs when they walkout side. A friend inside heard her comments when I walked outside to call customer services with Choice hotels about my problem. I booked 2 rooms a month in advance. They were supposed to be rooms with fridge and micro. I complained the rooms did not have either. The lady with glasses said when her co worker asked her what you going to do about her getting a fridge , she replied nothing that's her problem. I called the desk and asked for a fridge. She said they did not have any and if they did no one was working but her nobody else there. I was looking out the window and a man was cleaning the pool. About 30 min. later a man knocked brought a fridge and apologized. He was the manger. He was nice. The breakfast lady was nice and did her job well. Bed and pillows were good. Out side of the property was well kept.

Room Tip: Right hand side of hotel is closer to stream.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank heyheypaulaSc
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

The best part of this room was the view. There is a balcony on the back that offers a view of the river. Beautiful! The rooms itself is just average. The bed was a bit too soft for my taste. The most disappointing thing was the bathroom, which included a toilet that was so close to the wall that the toilet paper was under my armpit! Otherwise, the site was nice and clean. The hot breakfast was just okay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2018

We were in Cherokee for a weekend of riding the motorcycle during the day and playing around in the casino at night. We chose this hotel because of the suites on the river, its proximity to the casino, the reasonable rates, and the fact that it listed "truck parking" as one of its features. We had a suite with two queen beds, and it was clean and comfortable. As others have mentioned, the view from the balcony is quite pleasant. Travel from the hotel to the casino and others points of interest was fairly easy. The "truck parking" was a bit of a misnomer. We were towing the motorcycle on a trailer behind a pickup truck, so we wanted parking that could accommodate that. There are two elongated spaces in the lot that were big enough for the truck and trailer. Luckily, we were able to get one of those spaces. From what we could see, there was no other "truck parking". There was plenty of parking available, so we could have parked the truck and trailer in separate spots, but I'm not sure how booked the hotel was when we were there and whether that would be an issue during busy times. We enjoyed our stay at Rodeway, and we already have plans to stay there again in the near future!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Donna H
Reviewed May 18, 2018

Comfortable beds, clean room and peaceful surroundings. Nice, large outdoor pool. Didn't get a chance to try the breakfast. Polite staff. Could use a fresh coat of paint on the porch ceiling near our room, but otherwise a very nice country inn.

Room Tip: River view or outdoor poolside rooms available.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GuyB2129
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Great room. Great view of the river. Fresh air. But the air conditioner must need a new motor. We did not rest at all because it was so obnoxious I should have told them but we were so tired all we wanted to do is go home

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple