All reviews blue jays river view sitting on the balcony no vacancies blow dryer trout basic room great place to stay back porch bed was comfortable enjoyed our stay pool and hot tub mini fridge clean rooms non smoking get away motel
Reviewed October 20, 2015

I have stayed there many times the staff is yery helpful clean neat easy parking right on the river it is just a beautiful place to stay close enough to walk to many places I sometimes think I about staying some where else when iam in Cherokee but I just love this place do not care to try anywhere else its the best

Room Tip: I like up stairs better view of the river
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WYNDELLCARROLL
Reviewed October 19, 2015 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised to have found this little gem right up the road from the actual gem mine and in the middle of everything. I don't think people know about this hotel because of lack of advertising however please make a note because compared to others in the area it's romantic with the scenic balcony over looking the river and very clean. The furniture is a little dated but you should be able to overlook that. The price is very reasonable and the lack of breakfast didn't bother me because they refer you to Pete's up the street which sounded great. If you ever find yourself with a no vacancy issue in the area, please try here you might get lucky and be a big winner ;)

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 731tinak
Reviewed October 10, 2015

We stayed 2 nights in July at Newfound Lodge. We had reservations at another place but this one looked interesting with its stone walls and lodge look. Our room had a nice balcony looking over the river and it was so peaceful. Older style hotel, but it had all the basics. We had a large room, very clean and comfortable, with easy access in and out to the heavily traveled road through Cherokee. Staff was so friendly, and the price was very low. Convenient location and short drives to the Indian village and Harrah's Casino.

Room Tip: I like the ground floor rooms, no stairs to navigate, parking in front of your room..
Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2015 via mobile

We needed a room for one night and decided to stay here. Old motel but our room was very clean and spacious. View of the river was very relaxing. The price was awesome. We only paid $59. Can't remember when that happened Staff was very friendly and our queen beds were very comfortable. This was a remodeled room. We stayed in room 108 and we would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2015

My husband and I were on an extended weekend trip and made no reservations ahead of time. By fluke, we ended up in Cherokee. The first hotel we visited was the Pink Hotel based on pretty good reviews here on Trip Advisor. The only room available was a smoking room and it was reeking in cigarette smoke. But the lady at the front suggested their partner hotel, the Newfound Lodge. We liked the area and drove next door.

The hotel is located on the river, and so that's a bonus in the location. The lobby was typical of a smaller run motel, with a cool 70's vibe going on. The man behind the counter was helpful and after taking a look at the room we agreed to take it.

The room itself was interesting, it made me feel like I had stepped back into the 1970's. Initially the first impressions were "cool!" But that wears off when you begin to really look at the room. We had a room with two queens and neither felt very comfortable (something in the future I need to check out when getting a room). The bathroom was quite small, with the sink on the other side, next to the fridge and a very limited open closet area. The room had a desk with two chairs, an old TV and dresser.

The not so good. The beds, as mentioned, were very uncomfortable. There were absolutely no plugs, none within easy reach. So if you have a lot of electronics (or even just a few) to charge you will be having trouble locating handy plugs around the bed.

The balcony was nice, until our neighbors decided to start smoking. Needless to say, that chased us from a pleasant outdoor experience indoors. Which prompted us to turn on the television. That wasn't a good idea. The tv was one of the old box tv's, and the reception was terrible. You could see the images through a lot of snow.

The bedside table had a phone and phone book, but no alarm clock. Again, there were no plugs to find to plug in an alternate device, such as a phone to use as an alarm clock.

The bathroom had wallpaper that was peeling, and you could see where the moisture was loosening the edges and soon more nimble hands were apt to start peeling in these other areas. The mattress was tearing, and what made a bad night of sleep even worse, was to discover a LARGE stain on the covers that was on the bed we had opted to sleep on.

The wi-fi did work, so that was a bonus. The only redeeming quality.

All in all, I will never ever stay at this hotel again. I don't think it was really worth the $86 we paid, and if you are used to better quality hotels and just want to try out a "retro hotel", this is not the one to go to. There are better hotels out there.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple