All reviewspicnic tablesflat screenenjoyed our stayroomybedroomelklionbathcasinocarpetmountains
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

The best part of this cozy, clean motel is the location! Each night of our stay (in the motel), we walked down to the river behind the property. We loved watching the fireflies/lightning bugs at dusk and enjoying the beautiful scenery. The room was reasonable and had everything we needed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane A
Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

Cosy cottages,no kitchen but they do have microwave and fridge.
Who cares, cottage right on the river with covered deck. Beds are so perfect, flatsceen, bathroom is great tub and water pressure.
I took my Shih Tzu, Maggie Mae. She loved it great place to walk dogs. Only 10.00 a night for pets. Great shuttle.
They have grils. Food Lion is very close.
I had a great experience.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Laurel C, Manager at Pioneer Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2017

I do appreciate the review but you have mistaken our property for someone else. Our cottages have full kitchens. We do not offer a shuttle. Not sure where you stayed but I m sure they would appreciate this review.

Reviewed March 20, 2017

We loved the location and it was just beautiful especially at the cabins! When we booked there we had not seen the cabins so we were in a room which was nice and clean and the service was great ! We did however walk around the grounds and looked at the cabins ! They are just beautiful and I want to stay in a cabin when I go back! The rates are very reasonable and we enjoyed our stay there very much!

Stayed: October 2016
Laurel C, General Manager at Pioneer Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations. Whenever you're headed our way just give us a call and we'd be happy to help you select the right cabin for your stay. Thank you again and have a great day! 828-497-2435

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

We rented cottage 114 on the river and we have fallen in love. We had 6 people in our party, even though it is a 2 bedroom it is very roomy. We never felt cramped or on top of each other. Very, VERY clean!!! We had plenty of towels for everyone, plus if we needed more Melissa at the front desk said just to let her know. I am very impressed with this place. Bathroom is fully stocked with shampoo and bar soap. Water pressure is great and hot water is instant and very hot. We never ran out of hot water. There is also shelf for plenty of room for everyones stuf in the bathroom. But it does not have an outlet that is the only thing negative I can say , that's not a big deal they have outlets in bedroom so it was fine with me. Kitchen is large with a bar with barstools and 2 person table fully furnished with everything but a bread pan but doller store is right down the street. Sheets and blankets were clean and crisp. I can not say enough how roomy and clean this place is. I would suggest to put TVs in bedrooms though. As far as on other reviews I did not hear any dogs barking I think I met them at the front desk and fell in love... I love them so sweet. I did not hear any road noise or neighbors or people in the other bedroom. We did see 8 elk and took pics . one of them was at the Pepsi machine and got a memory and great pics. When my son and his girlfriend came over they liked it so well they canceled where they were staying and Melissa was able to get them a cabin 1 br. They stayed in 131 and love it. We might even extend our stay. The staff is very friendly and easy to talk to just down to earth people. I even became fb friends with them . we will be back and I will recommend this place to everyone I know. For cleanliness I give this place 10 stars out of 5 , as a matter of fact I give it 10 plus's stars. Great job on this place. So glad we found it.... Trout fishing is great
We will be back

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Trina C
Laurel C, General Manager at Pioneer Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2017

We are so hAppy you were pleased. Our staff works very hard to maintain and keep our property up to par. Thank you for taking the time to review us. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2016

My husband and I celebrated our 9th anniversary at the Pioneer Cottage # 114 overlooking the river. OH how beautiful. This cottage is tucked away behind the motel . It is very quite and secluded. You would think you were way out in the country. The cottage is very clean and simple and comfortable. When renting a place I worry about the water pressure , amount of lights and heating. You will have no problem with either. Plenty of good hot water . Has gas logs. Also the bed was very comfortable. The cottage is located in a very good area close to everything in Cherokee and just a short distance from Bryson City. The river behind it was beautiful even though there was and still is a drought there . The grounds are all kept very clean. There is a pool there that of course was closed in November but it looked very clean. We hope we can visit again next year.

Stayed: November 2016
1  Thank Rose-Buck F
Laurel C, General Manager at Pioneer Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2016

I am always happy to hear that our guests enjoyed themselves. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Its a real morale booster for our employees. We try very hard to make all of our guests comfortable and it is lovely to be acknowledge. THank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.