All reviews picnic tables flat screen enjoyed our stay roomy bedroom elk lion bath casino carpet mountains
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Worked for what we needed, just a quick weekend & last minute plan, however, wouldn't recommend for long term.

Pros: Very friendly over the phone when reserving the room the day of. Very friendly at check-in. Great views if you have waterfront as we did (Cottage 133)

Cons: Bugs, Ants, and even a black widow spider in our bedroom. Also had shards of glass in the master bedroom floor, next to the window, where someone had obviously broken a window, they repaired it, but, dis an unacceptable job of cleaning up.
Beds were horrible and was akin to lying on plywood.

For the price ofnthe room (150ish) and a $25 non refundable cleaning fee, which is obviously lack luster at best, I expected more.
We wouldn't recommend this location, and wouldn't stay again

Room Tip: Cottages by the river are very private, and secluded. Gives you a great view of the river tucked up against the mountain
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

don't stay here owner is so rude she also don't like pets not even service animals website is a lie rude rude rude lady also pool is out and green if u want to e treated with no respect stay here if not don't horrible

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
8  Thank Karen C
Reviewed July 18, 2017

We have spent many weekend vacations here at the Pioneer, however, our excitement turned sour on this occasion. Each time we have been guests, we have been greeted by the nicest of people (from the phone conversations, front desks, room keepers,etc) this time... not at all! We are unsure if management changed hands, however, the "owner" was SO RUDE! The pool (which we once so enjoyed) was bathwater warm (the temps were only in the 80s) the filter was not running and bugs accumulated all inside along with HAIR! We attempted to skim it out and the owner approached us (as she was riding by on a golf cart)... she did not inquire, she stated "Can I help you"? (to my son who was skimming the top of the pool) he said excuse me (as we could not hear her), she then came up to him and grabbed the skimmer from his hands and said "absolutely NOT, my insurance will not cover you doing that".(which would have been understandable, but this was uncalled for behavior) *especially, as there was never anyone sent to correct the things that were wrong and we are actually very easy going!* So I asked if there was a filter, she replied yes, I said can you turn it on the pool is dirty, her only reply was "well bugs will get in it after night!" She was so rude, we wanted to get our money back for that night and leave!
The housekeepers were miserable, as well!! So.. we will NEVER stay here again as long as it continues to be run by insulting individuals!~

Also, the Wi-Fi was super slow and almost non-existent

Room Tip: Pool needs cleaning; wi-fi needs adjusting; Owner and employees need people skills
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank gambilldl
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a quiet getaway in the mountains of North Carolina. We found Pioneer Motel, and read the reviews. The place was recently remodeled, and has a quaint charm we were looking for! Our room was comfortable, fridge micro, flat screen, and wifi! We last visited Cherokee in 1989

Native Americans go back 17000 years there, and all the history is available to you through the town.

I highly recommend Pioneer Motel and Cottages for your mountain getaway

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mark z
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

My family was at the Pioneer for the weekend; we had a lovely cottage, that had the most peaceful deck.
I wish that whoever cleans would come to my house, it was spotless.
And the beds were very comfortable.
If I find myself in Cherokee again I will be back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family