See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located in a weird traffic pattern coupled with some construction makes it difficult to get into.
The price was high for this location and it is very close to a busy train track. You will hear them all night. It didn't bother me so much, but it would annoy most people. The room was ok and had the basic amenities. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were full.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
zamzim, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Concord, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2017

Dear Alan27605,

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay a few weeks ago. I apologize for the noise from the trains which are located not far from the motel. Unfortunately we have no control over these circumstances. We do appreciate the opportunity for serving your needs.

Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

Room was clean, staff were friendly and very helpful. Price was good. Only downfall was the free breakfast( it was a pastry and juice) Unfortunately we won't be back because my employees like hotels that furnish a real breakfast. Other than that it was a good value.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank danielsfam3

Dear danielsfam3,

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Due to the size of our lobby area, we are unable to provide a full breakfast. I am truly sorry that we could not earn your business. We do have other locations which do offer breakfast. If you travel often for business, you can visit our brand website for a listing of locations.

Reviewed June 18, 2016

Very clean and the staff is great. Will make sure to stay here the next time in town. It was very quite and peaceful. No kids running around and no load noise. I like the area with places to dine and things to do. It also close to the hospital.

Date of stay: June 2016

Dear William B,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to personally thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is conveniently located near several restaurants and the hospital. Thank you for choosing us!

Reviewed June 17, 2016

Family member in hospital in Concord motel 2 minutes from there the rooms were clean and the staff was friendly room rates were reasonable train track beside motel but didn't bother me very nice and clean

Room tip: was on the front bottom floor didn't here alot of noise
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear normaprince79,

Thank you for posting a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. We appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed June 7, 2016

This was our second time visiting the hotel since October of 2015. The first time was so/so, a decent place to stay if you just need somewhere to sleep for a night. This time, we stayed only two doors down from the room we were in the last time. We had a late check-in, around 4am and the hotel had no vacancy left because the NASCAR races were in town. Upon check-in, our room was hot, with the air unit off, it smelled strongly of smoke and was dirty. We found Doritos in the floor, pennies in the floor, an ash tray had been dumped in the floor and not vacuumed up and I even found a nasty toe nail laying beside the bed. The bed was hard and the pillows were about an inch thick, squished flat and offered no padding or support for a night's rest. I had to use three pillows just to get my head off the mattress. I noticed immediately that the bed sheets nor the wash cloths and towels had that nice clean hotel smell, rather they smelled musty and possibly used. There were a couple of hotel supplied toiletries such as shampoo and soap in the bathroom and the bottle of shampoo was 3/4 of the way empty.......used. We checked in around 4am and were on our way leaving out around 9am that same morning. As we were heading out, I stepped into the office to show the owner the pics of the trash I had found in the floor, even the nasty toe nail. He appeared to be concerned and apologetic and said he would refund one night of my three nights stay. This was a minimal offering, considering that I laid awake that night wondering just how dirty this place really was and if my dog was going to find something else in the floor that I had overlooked and eat it. However, there was no vacancies to switch rooms or to move to another motel because of the race being in town. So, we were stuck with it. Upon check-out two days later, I went to the office and obtained my receipt for my stay and found that the owner had taken one night off of my total stay.....the cheapest night. He had charged me almost double for the weekend rate because the races were in town and refunded the last night of my stay (Monday) because it was the cheaper one. I felt that this did not really compensate for the extreme condition of the room and showed a lack of concern on the hotel management's part. When we arrived at our next destination, our clothes smelled strongly of a musty old smokey room, even though we do not smoke. It smelled like we had been hanging out in a bar and hadn't done laundry in weeks. It was embarrassing to have to wear the clothes that we had packed from the smell. Bad thing is, I even kept my clothes packed and zipped up in my suitcase while we stayed here because I didn't want them to be nasty like our room and that smell STILL got in some how. I told the manager that the faucet dripped all night and the picture frame on the wall was busted up and haphazardly placed back together. It was a terrible stay and I would not consider coming back again, nor would I ever recommend that anyone else stay in this environment. I have posted pictures of my findings.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Laura A,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Sorry for taking so long to respond. We did handle the matter separately from TripAdvisor. We do our best to provide each of our guest with an enjoyable visit. I apologize for the negative experience you had with us. Part of our property is smoking permitted and unfortunately we cannot control if the smoke odors penetrate into our non-smoking room. We tried to provide you with daily housekeeping services but housekeeping was refused for three days of your stay. Unless we hear from our guests, management assumes that everything is satisfactory with each stay. The issues you had experienced were not mentioned until the day of your checkout and therefore management was not able to properly investigate the issue to make any sort of determination. Had the issues been brought to our attention immediately, we could have remedied the matter versus only refunding a portion of your stay to make things right. We hope that you understand and we ask that you please report any issues immediately to our staff so that we may take corrective measures.