“Fun destination Birthday for our 10 year old son.”

Great Wolf Lodge Concord
North Carolina
“Fun destination Birthday for our 10 year old son.”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

After visiting GWL a few weeks ago to play Magic Quest, my son asked if he could come here for his Birthday. We let him take a friend and they had a great time.
I was very impressed with the customer service and friendliness of the staff. I was especially surprised by the friendliness of the lifeguards. They behaved like they wanted to be there and were happy I was there, too. They were very watchful around the pools ( not staring into space, etc.) and took their jobs seriously. There was a wait for the rides (longer on Sat than Friday) but not unreasonable. It wouldn't be safe to let more than one raft down at a time so a wait should be expected. The temperature of the water park was comfortable and water was warm enough.
We had a regular family room. Room had a fridge & microwave. Boys thought the balcony was cool. Walls are thin and we could hear running through halls well past midnight. So bring ear plugs!
Food quality at restaurant buffet did not warrant the price tag. ($20) But there are some nearby restaurants a quick drive from Lodge.
We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Be prepared to stand in line for the larger water rides. They obviously did not have enough rafts to rotate through and many times felt we were waiting for the ONE raft to come back up the conveyor belt. Almost every staff member we encountered appeared to be irritated with the "interruption" for service. Hospitality does not exist. On the upside, the hotel is incredibly kid friendly and the wristband key and its ability to charge vending, drinks, merchandise etc. was very convenient. My kids LOVED the magic quest. If you don't like kids running (literally) around the hotel this is not a place for you. Bring your check book...nothing is priced affordably. Water was warm and the rides (after the long wait) were alot of fun. Would go back now that we know what to expect.

Room Tip: Wish the majestic bear suite had a separate bath for the master. One toilet was inconvenient for a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
GWL_Management, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Concord, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our lodge. I am sorry to hear about the issues with the lines and customer service. These issues will be shared with our guest services and aquatics teams to try to remedy this for future guests.

I’m glad your kids were able to enjoy MagiQuest, and hopefully you and your family will join us again for a future stay.

Kind Regards,
Phillip Cunningham
WV
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The staff was friendly, the room spacious enough. (We had Wolfs Den room with our 4 and 6 year old boys). My wife equated the 3 day stay to being on a cruise ship, without the great food selection. It was on of the best short vacations we have done.
The water park was plenty warm, if you have the extra budget rent a cabana for the day, its a great experience, your own fridge, stocked with soda, water, etc.. wi-fi router, TV for the in-between pool times, and keeps the kids occupied when you are trying to get them to slow down and eat. It has an interactive screen to order food and treats, and a dedicated staff person to deliver them as well as any other requests.
$149.00 I believe, and yes it is a bit pricey but the stock of drinks alone is $50.00 at the going hotel rate. The Magi quest kept my two boys, then myself and on boy quite busy for the stay and we must have walked 5 miles completing the quests!

Nothing is budget priced if you do meals and all at the hotel, we literally did not walk outside of the hotel once during our 3 and half days there, we were the ultimate model guests for what they hope to accomplish in terms of capturing our dollars. But I wouldn't trade the memories of the time I spent with the kids for any amount.
I highly recommend the property in North Carolina, its the only one I have stayed at, but had no complaints. I have done the Disney thing and this is less wearisome in terms of crowds, etc.. and my kids had a load of fun.
Bring your own pillows, don't complain about the little stuff, and you will have one of the best vacations ever.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Burlington, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We took our son on a road trip to Florida and surprised him with a stop here. Wow was he excited! Running into the waterpark only to discover it was freezing. Adults were fully dressed with scarves. My son said it was to cold to go in the water. I did try but freezing myself leaving sounded great.
At some point my son was run over by a speeding lifeguard, no not running to save a life but to see the friends that came to visit. Yes they had coats, gloves and hats on that they never took off the 15 mi tues they were there. Also it was about 6 so be prepared for the chairs to get stacked and the doors to be held wide open while they take the trash out. I wish I new all this about this location I would have stopped at a $99. A night hotel with and indoor pool. I did email GWL a week after my trip and I got no response.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank rachelmatt
Thank you for the review, I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your short stay with us. As for the temperature of the waterpark, the waterpark is kept at 84 degrees and the water is kept at 82 – 83 degrees to ensure a comfortable atmosphere for our guests. In the colder winter months, it can become chillier near the slides that enter and exit the building. I am sorry that you experienced this.

I hope you and your family will join us again.

Phillip Cunningham
gastonia,nc
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We recently stayed at Great Wolf lodge Concord NC and we had a wonderful time.The hotel is very nice and well maintained.The water is also nice and the kids love it one day it was kinda chilly I would recommend for the them to keep it a little warmer,but once you got use to it we was fine.they have about 6 different slides,an activity pool,a wave pool,and a kiddie activity pool. The magi quest throughout the hotel was really fun kept the kids busy for hours.they also have a show and story every noght at 8 for the kids in their pj's it was really nice the kids had a blast. I think the food is overpriced and not worth it but thats at any resort.If you are going to eat there I would recommend the snack bar in the waterpark much better than the moose lodge in the lobby.Also the beds and pillows are very firm I prefer soft bed and pillows so these were like rocks to me. But we still had a wonderful time and plan to return again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank acarson26
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Great Wolf Lodge is all about the kids! The indoor waterpark is fun with some really good slides. It doesn't compare to an outdoor waterpark (heights and quantity of slides) but it does a great job with what is has to offer. The rooms are nice and in good shape and the hotel is generally clean and well kept up. My 7 year old had a blast and my 12 year old (both boys) had a good time with the arcade and the teen room. I will say that all the extras are very expensive and kind of cheesy. And the food is definitely sub-par. I would not waste time or money on the buffet, just send someone out to one of the many restaurants within a half-mile and get take out! But the Lodge is for the kids to have fun and it accomplishes this!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This was our 4th trip to The Great Wolf Lodge in Concord, NC and as usual it was wonderful. The rooms are pristine !! We have avoided the buffet on prior trips because of the price being almost $20 per person. This time children under 10 ate for free with the purchase of an adult. It was so worth the price. The prime rib was amazing !! The buffet has a wide variety of foods and there is a salad bar too. They do not put the desserts on the buffet, but the waitress offers them when she/he thinks you have completed your dinner. Oh yeah the waterpark was just as fabulous as always.

Room Tip: Try to request a room on the 2nd floor. This is the main floor to get to the restaurants and front...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends