“Staff was extremely helpful!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85

Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Puyallup, Washington
“Staff was extremely helpful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

I was part of a small group of older women who were touring the NASCAR facilities, and we stayed at this hotel. The staff was very nice to us and were very helpful in giving us suggestions on the best places to go, best times, etc.
One staff member, Paula Rowe, even told us a NASCAR driver that would be appearing across the street & what time he would there. She even made sure that we were at the appearance and took our pictures with him. When our picture appeared on his Facebook wall, she even showed that to us. She was a wealth of information.
We plan to go back to Charlotte next year and definitely plan to stay at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

My wife and I were visiting the Charlotte/Rock Hill area to conduct genealogical research and decided on this hotel as a base of operations based on TripAdvisor reviews. We moved after a single night to another Holiday Inn Express (in nearby Kannapolis).

This hotel: Check in was polite and efficient. Parking and access from the parking lot were inconvenient. The 'manager's reception' (a HIE feature) was so-so and marred at the end by extremely noisy clean-up begun early by a clearly disgruntled employee; I felt she was trying to drive out the last few guests to have the room to herself. Breakfast was typical of HIE, not bad but nothing special, but once again the person tending the breakfast was surly and obviously unhappy. Cleanliness: carpeting in the stairwells and hallways very much need shampooing; the rooms needed some attention to scars inflicted on walls and furniture; the bathroom floor had an indelible stain on the tile floor near the shower. The room was pretty quiet, and we slept well; bed was comfortable. But we knew we could do better and so moved to the much superior HIE in Kannapolis for a longer stay at a lower rate. I'll post a review of that hotel in a few days.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

This was our first trip to the area - our honeymoon!~ Went down from upstate NY to see the All Star NASCAR race - the hotel offered a pre-race party which ROCKED! Free food from area restaurants, drinks and door prizes! 50/50 raffle to benefit a great children's charity - we ended up winning the 50/50 and donated back to the cause. The management is absolutely awesome - very accomodating, generous and efficient.

We have already booked our trip down next year to start our anniversary tradition!

Very happy with this entire hotel!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

Paula is the hostess and greets every guest and makes sure all of your needs are taken care of. She remembers your name and greets you by name on repeat visits to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if an upgrade is available at check-in
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank roadwarrior28
oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

Stayed for 2 nights as part of our spring break trip from Oklahoma to North Carolina and back. Hotel was coveniently located to speedway, restaurants,the mall and highway but sits off the main road just enough to be in a quiet area. Hotel lobby was basic HI Express and our room was nice and clean. Prior to our trip I called the hotel regarding a question I had about my reservation and spoke with a man that was very talkative and friendly, telling me about the recent renovations toward a more contemporary look and wanted me to let them know what I thought of it etc. I was looking forward to arriving as his attitude seemed to indicate a high level of customer service that I could look forward to during my stay. I now regret that I did not get his name, as he was by far the most positive customer service experience I encountered with regard to this hotel.
Upon arrival I was immediately told that I was too early to check in and my room may not be ready, although I am a platinum member and my rooms are always ready upon arrival & I checked in providing my priority club card. Mildly irritating for a moment, but fortunately that was found to not be the case and we were able to check in. Room was a 2 Q bed with kitchen and was nice and clean. I later told the front desk clerk that I would be requesting a late check out (1pm) for our second day and he noted it someplace indicating it wouldn't be a problem. The next day my husband confirmed the late check out (just in case) and was told it was not noted any place and that we couldn't have until 1pm but they would give us an hour at best! Not sure what would have happened had we not followed up on this request and had instead remained until 1pm, but possibly an extra charge?? Went down for breakfast our second day and 45 minutes prior to breakfast ending the hot food was gone so had nothing that morning. As we were leaving the manager seemed to be having a "discussion" with someone in the lobby that was checking in and it wasn't about something pleasant.
In summary, had high hopes for this property but customer service fell short upon arrival. I can forgive many things if level of service is high, but in this case it happened to be the only shortfall.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

I have stayed here many times. The staff is extremely nice, friendly, and helpful. The rooms are basic (as you would expect for a hotel in this type of location) but extremely clean. The beds are comfortable. The area is safe. The main things I look for in a hotel when traveling for business are cleanliness and a worry-free stay, and this HIE fits the bill. It is a little bit overpriced considering the location (Kannapolis is a dump; the rooms generally start around $100 but I think occasionally you can get one for around $80) but I think most or all of the Concord/Kannapolis hotels are a little more expensive than one would think.

If you end up with a room facing the backside of the hotel, sometimes highway traffic is a bit noticeable when trying to sleep.

Oh, and there is a free happy hour (beer, wine, appetizers, usually catered by one of the local restaurants like Ruby Tuesday's I think) at least once a week (Thurs?) which is great.

The wireless internet signal is free but is a little bit slow and weak.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

The staff members at the Holiday Inn Express in Charlotte-Concord were very friendly. They made my stay as pleasant as they possibily could.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business