All reviewspancake machinehi expressfront deskshower head was greatstayed overnight heregreat hotelwithin walking distancebeds were comfortabletexas roadhousefree breakfasthot and cold itemswater pressurehousekeeping staffdirt trackenjoyable stayconvenient locationthe breakfast area
Reviewed December 20, 2016 via mobile

Saturday snow storm driving from NY to GA, stopped here to spend the night. There was some renovations going on but our room was nice, clean and comfortably appointed. Nice breakfast included in rate. Friendly staff members. They also give coupons for discounts at surrounding restaurants.

We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel as a nice place to stop over at!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

Last minute booking resulted in a wonderful room and great experience. King suite was large, clean and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable I actually overslept! Room had a keurig, microwave and mini fridge. Large bathroom was clean and well stocked with BBW items.

Front staff was friendly and helpful. A wonderful respite while on the road.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Tyler C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2016

Thank you for your 5-star review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience during your trip (I hope that you did not get in too much trouble for oversleeping!). Our staff takes great pride in delivering quality service and a favorable guest experience so I will surely pass this along to them. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Charlotte/Concord area!

Reviewed September 17, 2016

As before, I needed a hotel on short notice, for family visiting. Remembering how awesome Ms. Natasha was for me on November 18, 2015, this location was my first choice. This time, Ms. Kelly Kaiser was friendly and swift in helping me obtain a room. My family advised they had an excellent stay and the proximity to shopping and restaurants is a gift from God. Thank you again, Holiday Inn Express. If you have business in the Charlotte/ UNCC / PNC Amphitheater/ NASCAR Area, especially with family, I cannot express highly enough how pleasant, clean, and safe this location is.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Tyler C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2016

It means so much to us that you enjoyed your stays. Our staff strives to deliver the most friendly and courteous service possible. It makes our day to hear we have achieved our goal. Thank you again for all your kind words.

Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

We came into town for a conference that was held at the convention center. Each got separate rooms, and I decided that since we would be done early - I'd leave my things and simply get a late checkout to change prior to the 5 hour trip home. We got a call at 11:00 that my room had left all their things. Of course. I requested a late checkout and was given 12:00... I also had the DND on the door.
I had personal items, and valuable items in my room. Nothing was missing... But that's really not the point for me. The hand needs to tell the foot what it's doing.
I worked within the hospitality industry for nearly ten years. I know that housekeeping staff should call down to the front desk to inquire - if it's check out time and there's a DND on the door, to find out if they've extended their stay, or in my case.... Had a late checkout. This wasn't done. Either there wasn't a note in my account, or the person calling didn't read it. They offered no apology... Just an 'oh' when we explained we had a late checkout AND there was a tag on the door.
Breakfast was good and the place was clean... But my things being secure is up there on my desires.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Lindsey N
Tyler C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2016

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the hotel and the quality of the breakfast. We take great pride in delivering a clean, quality product so we value your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the lack of communication you experienced with your late check-out. I can assure you that this is not up to our typical communication standards, and we will certainly re-visit the issue so it will not be a problem going forward. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit so we can show you our true level of service. Thanks for staying!

Tyler C

Reviewed August 10, 2016

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and plan on going back. I was in town to attend the races and it was at a great location. Saturday night the race got over late and was looking for food around 11pm. So much to choose from, the town was booming. There are even restaurants in walking distance which was also nice.

The room was clean and the maid service was great at keeping everything stocked and clean. There was ample parking for guests. I stayed on the first floor and it was quiet.

The hotel breakfast was one of the best complimentary breakfasts I've had including hot eggs, sausage, biscuits and pancakes in addition to the normal pastries, fruit and cereal. There are a lot of hotels in this area, this is a good one!

The pool is outdoor and quite small but ranges from 3ft to 5ft deep.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank reviewer2186
Billy G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future!