“Enjoyable Stay - would stay again if needed”

Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We took a little last minute mini vacation and decided to drive up to Charlotte (from GA). It was the first time we'd stayed in this particular area and we were very pleased. Plenty of restaurants near our hotel as well as the mall was located nearby so we could visit the movie theater and an awesome aquarium! The room was large enough for the three of us, we were located on the 4th floor overlooking the pool outside downstairs. The bedding slept great and the morning breakfast (which was included) was average, the pancake machine was out of order but we made due with other available options. It did get a bit crowded in the breakfast area because of a softball team also staying at the hotel during our stay but the servers kept the food stocked nicely. Every now and then we would hear the airplanes flying in/out of the Charlotte airport but it didn't disturb us at all. The internet service worked fine and the mini fridge in our room kept our items nice/cold. Loved the location -- can' wait to return again for a visit.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Amy H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

GAFamilyTraveler,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location, facilities and service of our hotel, and we hope to see you again next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Our family stayed overnight here on our way home to Houston. We were in need of a good night's sleep, and that's exactly what we received! Comfortable beds...quiet room...clean bathroom...everything in order (great job housekeeping and maintenance!) Lora checked us in and out the next day - she's SO FRIENDLY! It was like we had known each other for years! Thanks to the breakfast attendant for having a clean breakfast area and plenty of food available. I had a great time talking with the GM as we were leaving-go figure, a GM who was in the lobby talking to guests...now that's a sign of a great hotel, team and leader. Stay here...you'll be glad you did.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank texashotelguy

Texashotelguy,

Thank you for staying with us and spending the time to leave us such valuable feedback. I'm pleased that you enjoyed such great service from Lora, our breakfast attendants, and our GM! We hope to host you again in the future on your next trip!

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and quiet. It met our expectations for a HIE except for one thing. The sheets on the bed were rough. It might be time to buy some new ones.
The pool was nice and the staff was very friendly.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Amy D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased to hear that our staff were friendly, and that you found our hotel clean and quiet. I do apologize that the quality of bedding was not up to your expectations, and we will be sure to replace the bedding you experienced so that all our guests can enjoy a more comfortable rest. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you will visit us again in the future so you can experience a more restful stay on your next trip to Concord!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

This Holiday Inn is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I called Friday night trying to reserve a room but it didn't really work out like that, so I called a few other places and nothing. So I called back to book a room for Saturday and was able to get a early check in and late check out, also at a GREAT PRICE. This location has some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE in the world. Alissa went above and beyond to help me which I really appreciate and Tonia also was amazing my room was ready soon as I got there she told me anything I needed to just call front desk. I plan on recommending this Holiday Inn to everyone I know. Thanks again

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Great location right off the Interstate. Concord Mills Outlet and racing activities are a stones throw away. The staff are friendly and entertaining. Breakfast was the Holiday Inn Express normal fair. The only issue is that they are remodeling. It's going to be really nice, but at this moment, the ventilation is not in tip top shape. Unless you have severe breathing issue this will not be a real problem.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are quiet. The remodeling is being done with respect to guest and normal sleeping...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clairedU834FM
Tyler C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Thank you for your review of our hotel! That is wonderful to hear that you had an enjoyable experience during your stay. The close proximity to Concord Mills Outlet Mall and all the racing venues is certainly a plus! I will pass your comments along to the staff to let them know that they did a great job. I apologize for the issues you ran into with the remodel. We are very excited for the completed remodel and we hope that you will come visit once everything is finished. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Tyler C

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Booked this Holiday Inn based on reviews and location to event. Under renovations while we were there but that was not an issue, stayed one night only. Tonia at front desk was very cordial, our room was ready when we arrived as well. This would be a great location if your going to the NASCAR races, only 2 miles from track. Would definitely stay here again, plenty of restaurants within walking distance as well.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Tyler C, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte - Concord / I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased to hear that the staff was able to accommodate you earlier than your scheduled check-in time. I will pass your comments along so we can congratulate the staff on a job well done. That's great to hear that you would stay here again, we would love to have you stay again. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you on your next trip to Concord!

Tyler C

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Saturday snow storm driving from NY to GA, stopped here to spend the night. There was some renovations going on but our room was nice, clean and comfortably appointed. Nice breakfast included in rate. Friendly staff members. They also give coupons for discounts at surrounding restaurants.

We enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel as a nice place to stop over at!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple