See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 11, 2017

The room was nice enough. However you expect to find a box of tissues and at least one clean glass in the room. This was a suite with nothing extra. A full kitchen that was totally useless unless you brought your own pots, dishes and flatwear. Not even a glass that every other hotel/motel I have ever been had. No tissues and the worst pillows I have ever seen. When I asked at the desk I was told that since the chain switched to Home Towne Suites they don't supply any amenities. I am surprised that they had a bar of soap. Even the shower was almost unusable as it sprayed so far and wide that you couldn't get in it without soaking the room.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marilyn G
Dior F, General Manager at Home Towne Suites - Concord, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2017

Reviewed November 6, 2017

We came in to get our room that we had reserved online, and 2 people were working at the front desk but they both checking one person into a room, while there was a line of people to get their rooms, they took their time. We had only gotten 2 towels and 2 washcloths and we needed some clean ones, and went and asked for a few more, and there was a 2 hour wait to get towels. Also, the stove would not work, as we asked someone about it being broken and she told us that it works to turn the timer on, we did that and tried it again and smelled smoke so therefore we just stopped and didn't use it. Then our toilet was messed up before we got into the room, and we let them know at the office and it took about 3 or more hours for them to come fix it for us. The doors were worn and cracked and look like they had been hit. The bathroom was kind of dirty and a lot of stuff was dusty. Everything else was okay, but it wasn't a great experience at this hotel and we will not be back.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2017

Great staff. Property is older but very clean. They make you feel right at home. Front desk answered questions and was on point with all my needs. Hotel is in a great, great neighborhood. Close to restaurants and shopping and also the highway. Will definitely be back. Pleasantly surprised.....

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

I don't even know where to start. I live in florida and left for the hurricane. Set up a weekly visit for 10 days and extended my vacation. Over the phone they said it was no.problem to pay 7 days when i arrived and the last 3 days while i was there. The manager gave me grief about it but "allowed" it. We didnt have enough towels or pillows for two. Had to ask for more. Front desk wont bring anything. You have to get your own from them. To get more clean towels you have to take the old ones to them and trade. I asked about room cleaning. They said on wednesday. Wednesday came and went. Another girl said only after 7 days. I was there for 10.. But my stay didnt fall.on a wednesday after 7 days.. There were NO dishes. Even though i called the 800 number before hand. Had to go buy items just to cook. The room had mold in it. The king mattress was set up on two twin box springs so the mattress would dump you off the bed if you roll over too far. They did not clean behind the furniture. The bottom of the single box springs were even dirty. Found the non smoking sign behind the night stand and a speaker behind the chair. The shelf wasnt stable and it fell down and there was a metal file left up there. Came down and almost landed on my foot. The refrigerator leaked and was told the maintenance man was gone and would look at it the next day. Never heard from him or anyone else. The staff was friendly enough but didnt seem like anyone had the same answers or really cared to make sure things needed done were done. And if they say they will come.. They wont. Oh. There was trash receptacles on the second floor. I found that out from another guest when i saw him take his trash. No office staff told us. We were taking it all the way out. For 67.00 a night and doing everything ourselves... Its not worth it. I had the weekly rate and even at 49.00 a night and doing all our own cleaning and going back and forth to towels and buying our own utensils... I should have just paid the money for a real hotel. Really upsetting being so close to nascar in this part of concord. Looks good on the outside! Called to file a complaint and nobody responded. I will never recommend or stay there again. Totally disappointed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Dior F, General Manager at Home Towne Suites - Concord, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We appreciate your comments and will do our best to ensure that we address the issues you've mentioned.

We understand that while you did not enjoy your experience we will use this feedback to make improvements for our future guests.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

This is NOT a good place to stay. It is a low income extended living apartment unit. They kick out someone and clean it up when people book a stay. It smells of marijuana as soon as you enter the hall. Our room was booked as non smoker and it absolutely reeked of cigar smoke. The front desk lady was totally rude and told us to send a letter to management if we didnt like it. As expected, we cut our stay short and moved to a much better hotel.

Stayed: September 2017
Dior F, General Manager at Home Towne Suites - Concord, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2017

If you would like to speak to me directly to go over in detail your experience with us please feel free to contact me directly

704-979-5555 or email 1471-gm@whgextstay.com