All reviewscamping worldcharlotte areacharlotte motor speedwaygreat locationraces
Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

First of all the staff seemed really nice. We had very few instances where we spoke with them it was always friendly. While there we did hear about a bit of drama, someone kicked out, someone fussed out over something very minor but those things didn't effect us directly. We were there for work and no other events going on but heard that when they have the carnival up front it's a disaster so I would make sure not to stay then. There are basically no amenities at all which was a bummer... No laundry facility, not even picnic tables, no playground... Not very kid friendly at all. They do an awesome job of keeping everything looking neat, almost to a fault. They are on the lawnmower year round every day and it can be a bit annoying to hear it running constantly but that's just me, it's good they are constantly doing upkeep I guess. We live in our RV and travel full time and rarely have we been somewhere that had you sandwiched in so tight. Most sites can't even put out an awning. I guess I can see this during NASCAR weekend but being packed in on an off time seemed kind of strange when there is plenty of room to spread out. We will be back in the area regularly and may or may not stay here again. I like the idea of the camping world park across the street because they have a laundry room and playground and picnic tables at sites... Seems a little more comfy and family friendly although a bit more expensive. As far as safely at Ver-El the park was very safe and great location.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Very helpful staff. Great place to stay for the races. Well run place with attentive staff. They are always picking up trash and patrolling. Fairly level full hookup sites. We felt safe and secure while staying there. It is close to plenty of shopping and restaurants also.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Out of all our years camping, this is 100% the worst place we have stayed. I was looking for a quiet place to stay while going to the rennisance festival so I chose a weekend without a race going on. Unfortunately there was a whole carnival happening in their lot which of course they never told us about in advance, we thought we did enough research to know nothing was going on that weekened. But we figured it wouldn't be too bad since it ended at 11pm. We went out for dinner and when we came back the whole area was a parking lot, including any access ways to get to our rv. We had to walk with our 3 young children. We could barely walk our dogs because of course any possible spot was used as parking. The next morning, even though we didn't have to dodge cars, we had to dodge piles of vomit and chicken legs so our dogs weren't eating them. Then to make a bad weekend even worse, I wrote about my weekend on their fb page. The employees made a fake fb page just to come and attack me personally on it, saying people should ignore my review because I have low self esteem which I talk about on my personal page. All of this was rediculous, the place was gross. I'm glad it left such an impression on me so I definitely remember not to stay there next time we are in town

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

If looking for an RV park in the Concord, Charlotte area this is your place. Long pull throughs or back-ins. The owners are super helpful and very friendly. Pets are welcome. Across the street from Charlotte Motor Speedway. A great park even if not coming for racing.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Where do we begin? We were evacuees from Florida due to Hurricane Irma. Mantra was kind, understanding & empathic of our situation. This is a family run c/g and they treated us like family. Our site was perched on a hill overlooking the Charlotte Motor Speedway. Curbside garbage pick up. They even have someone available to help with hook ups (Jim). Tyrone (owner) even lend us a ladder to address some issues we were having with our motorhome. Plenty of grass to walk the dogs. Close to many stores including Trader Joe's & Camping World. We will definitely come back. We camped here with two motor homes

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends