“Tarheel vaca”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Yorktown, Virginia
“Tarheel vaca”
Reviewed June 27, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

We really had a nice time in Corolla staying here. The house was a good size for our family. Harris Teeter, Duck donuts and other shops are within walking distance. The beach is just a quick walk down the street to the board walk. The house has a lot of things not mentioned. Chairs, boards and sand buckets for the beach. Lots of kitchen utensils, games and dvds. The area is good for families. We had a small problem with a bathroom sink not draining well but it was fixed within a couple hours of notifying them.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
amaroules
Dallas, Texas
“Ok”
Reviewed May 22, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

My family and I recently stayed at this property and enjoyed our stay, although some improvements can be made. On the positive side, we loved the location and how spacious the house was. It was also nice to have the hot tub and all the beach gear we had access to. Super nice to have all the baby gear. We brought our 11 month old and the crib was great and high chair.

A few downsides was the AC. Unfortunately, we had trouble cooling the downstairs off and a tech came out and said everything was fine, but it still continued to blow warm air. Luckily the weekend was cooler so we didn't need the AC much after the first day, but for anyone staying when it warms ups, be aware. The carpet has seen better days and definitely could be replaced and place needs updating. Also, bring own toilet paper, hand soap, clothing detergent, charcoal, lighter fluid, and trash bags. You are supplied with the bare minimum. One last thing, don't try to check in early unless you pay for early check in. The door is on a timer and won't allow you in until 4:00. We arrived 20 minutes early and couldn't get in until 4:00 on the dot.

Overall, our stay was nice, we will not be returning to Tarheel Treasure.

Management Response
24 May 2017
Thank you for reviewing Tarheel Treasure. I apologize for any miscommunication there may have been with the maintenance tech over the AC. We agreed the unit was blowing warm air and have already had a local HVAC business come to repair it. We apologize that this wasn't fixed during your weekend stay with us and are very happy it was a cooler weekend, as you said. We will pass your comments about the carpet to the owner of the property. Thank you again.
Stacy A
Pickerington, Ohio
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed May 27, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

My husband and I came with our 2 year old daughter, dog, and my parents and their dog. I was thrilled to find a place that didn't charge extra for the dogs and also allowing more than 1 dog. I was also thrilled to have baby equipment already there. We had a crib, high chair, and several baby gates to block both deck stairs and indoor stairs.

The walk to the beach was very short and the beach exceeded my expectations. Very clean, not crowded. This was my daughters first trip to the beach and she LOVED it. On the nice days, the water was calm and she was able to stand with the waves washing over her legs to her knees. We also enjoyed spotting the ghost crabs.

I was also pleasantly surprised at the things to do around town. I figured there wouldn't be much to do with a 2 year old, but there were plenty of parks nearby and the wild horse museum had little wooden horses to paint. She also LOVED that! Paint everywhere! Arms, legs, face, hair. It was pretty fun. We also took her to the "Children's Museum" which isn't really a museum but more of a glorified indoor play area that costs money. It was OK for her to do on a rainy day, but I felt that was misrepresented. But this is about the house!

We really enjoyed our stay. Very nice to have a washer and dryer, we used those several times. We also didn't mind not having a pool as our daughter is so young, I'd worry about her wandering over and falling in. The house also has plenty of chairs people have probably left over time and some yard games and used beach toys, and umbrella. This was also a pleasant surprise.

The only slightly negative thing I would say is having to provide our own toilet paper and dish detergent/hand soap. In the grand scheme of things it's pretty minor, but I was a little put off by having to buy our own toilet paper. We've also never stayed in a place that didn't have dish detergent available. But like I said, if this is the only negative to say about the house, it's a minor thing. I would definitely recommend this house!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
MD

Reviewed May 7, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

West Hartford
Reviewed May 25, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing