“Very Relaxing... perfect for a small family...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Smooth Sailing

Horses
View from the Kitchen
Location to Turn off the Beach
Livingroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Corn_plan...
Peoria, Illinois
“Very Relaxing... perfect for a small family... we loved it.”
Reviewed June 27, 2011 for a stay in June 2011
people found this review helpful

This was a very nice, affordable place to stay on the beach. We had a wonderful time. My family consists of my wife and I and three kids 8 and under. We loved driving on the beach with 4 wheel drive and seeing the wild horses everyday. The first morning while on the beach we saw dolphins playing in the waves, which was an unexpected surprise.
The house had pretty much everything we needed. There is only one thing that I wish was different- the main bedroom bed- it really needs updating. We are a family of campers, so this did not effect our enjoyment of the trip. Everything else was great, we had plenty of beach toys that came with the house to keep us busy while we were there. We only left the area of the house to go shopping one day, which led us to the lighthouse which the kids really enjoyed. The kitchen and dining room was perfect for us. The living room was comfortable and we enjoyed the satellite TV at night. The kids really liked the stereo system that had speakers on the deck.
final verdict- a wonderful, budget minded, get-away! Thank you!

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Families with teenagers
26 Jun 2011
I'm very glad you had a good time. I'm meticulous about keeping the place clean, making sure everything works and is in good repair. I had a suspicion that the bed wasn't a queen... I admit I was a little hasty when I copied the words Queen Size off the last rental agency's discription of the house.... fixed that in the listing for now and I will look around for a larger bed. Thanks for your feedback. Angi
misscinle...
Moravian Falls, North Carolina
“The best vacation I've ever had!”
Reviewed May 31, 2011 for a stay in May 2011
people found this review helpful

My husband and I LOVE this house and this beach. We are hoping to rent this house annually. It was spotlessly clean, well stocked, and our dogs were happiest there than we have ever seen them. There was fresh drinking water availiable, and the sulfur smell in the tap water wasn't as bad as some other beaches we have been to. The neighborhood was incredibly quiet, and friendly. Every day we were able to see the wild horses. We travel often, but this is the best vacation we have ever had!

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Older travelers Families with young children
jamcmahon
Arlington, Virginia
“very peaceful vacation”
Reviewed May 19, 2011 for a stay in August 2010
person found this review helpful

Beautiful beach and very comfortable house. Nice views from the deck, great outdoor shower, and we saw horses come by everyday. Tours due come by the house but nothing that was bothersome. The house is not oceanfront but very close to the beach and had great views from the deck. We arrived at high tide late at night which I do not recommend. Plan to go during daylight to find your way the first time. Was exactly what was described to us. Very enjoyable.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
nuggit15
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Exactly what we needed!”
Reviewed October 13, 2010 for a stay in September 2010

What a perfect spot - it's exactly what my new husband and I needed to relax after the rush and stress of a wedding. The house is in an ideal location, far enough up the beach (about 2.5 miles) that it feels secluded, but close enough to town (about 15 minutes) to run and pick up carry-out or more margarita mix. And the wild ponies that came down to the beach every day was a definite bonus.

The house was very clean and fully stocked with everything we needed, aside from towels and linens. The abundance of beach supplies and on-site washer and dryer were so helpful in helping us pack light so we could focus on just getting to the beach.

The only thing that I could count as a 'minus' would be the water - sometimes it did smell, but it was enough wash the sand off you and there was a water cooler for drinking and cooking, so it really wasn't that big of a deal.

Overall, I think the house was the perfect size, in a great spot, with everything we needed. (And the owner, Angi, was super helpful and responsive via email!)

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
ImNoGumby
New Jersey
“Not all the details matched”
Reviewed October 12, 2010 for a stay in August 2010

The Queen bed in the master bedroom turned out to be a full sized bed. We found a note that said the dryer wasn't working (we contacted the owner who said that it could be used). The blender didn't work, the DVD player made a loud humming noise making it almost impossible to hear the sound of the movie. The owner used the excuse that she had just acquired the property a short time ago- but this made no difference to me. It didn't match what was advertised. The house is truly in a remote location, which we loved. We saw wild horses daily and the house itself was nice. If you can get past the well water which smells like sulfur and has a red tint that may stain your skin and clothes then you will like this house. I would have liked it much better if the owner had been more forthcoming with details. (I felt like we were mislead.)

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
11 Oct 2010
I am sorry that you were inconvenienced. I wish I would have known about the appliances during your stay and not later. I certainly would have replaced them promptly. The mattress has since been replaced with a new queen pillowtop. A new well was put in last year. I think a new source of water can be energizing and can even dispell malicious destructive attitudes.
MD
Reviewed August 24, 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: wildlife,view,convenience to the beach
Liked least: mosquito’s, well water
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
24 Aug 2010
Thanx Joulia...First of all be assured that how your stay is at my house is important to me. I have contacted the water specialist. Rust in the water and sulpher odor is inherant to well water at the beach. Even the treated water in town has it. It was never that bad during the time I have stayed at our house but none the less I've felt the need to do some upgrading to the water softener and chlorinator. The hot dry weather does affect the wells they tell me. Joel annalysed the water and it had lots of rust and sulphur . He worked on it for 2 weeks to balance it and he still comes by regularly to test it. Both he and Libba the housekeeper tell me it is clear.... I'll be there often to check it !!!! Joel tells me that the water is now drinkable. Besides providing the bottled water in the water cooler I have also purchased reverse osmosis water treatment units for all the sinks to provide bottled water in taps. Im almost certain that the insects you encountered by the hundreds are Midges...they don't bite. They are annoying for a brief time when they swarm and it does depend on which way the wind blows.
Again.. I appreciate your feedback... any feedback good and bad..
Ont.
Reviewed May 14, 2010 for a stay in May 2010
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing