1,595 results
All reviews lazy river duck resident cat off season outer banks ocean front partial ocean view private beach indoor pool very nice hotel wild horses complimentary breakfast front desk staff waffles room was large short drive third floor
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding we attended in Corolla. It was a nice hotel right on the beach and the pool with the lazy river was a great way to spend our Sunday after the wedding.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank lins2u
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We have been going to OBX for years for our summer vacation, renting a beach home. We usually spend a few nights here prior to the house rental, as a primer. Love this place. The rooms are fine- no complaints, seems pretty typical to me, and I travel quite a bit. Pool is awesome, and it's right on the beach. Flashlights for checking out the crabs at the beach at night. Really pretty property and a great location.

A regular stop. Just booked again for this summer.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank saratogamike
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is a poor beachfront hotel. It is tired, worn, in need of cleaning. My room--one of the best, I was told--was no more than adequate: thin towels in the bathrooms, a bathroom sink that barely drained, paper cups instead of glass, a patio door that didn't lock, a clumsy mechanical safe. The complimentary breakfast employed paper cups and plates, and cheap plastic utensils. During the three days of my stay the hotel undertook to power wash its walls, producing a deafening sound that made the use of its outside lounge uncomfortable. The beach is easily accessible; but it is ordinary, not worth the pain of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RGGarrett
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Started our trip off on the right note with a stay at this hotel. Very clean, friendly and helpful staff, comfortable room and good breakfast. My only feedback was that the balcony and furniture in the balcony needed to be washed down but they were doing that when we checked out this morning. Two very clean pools, lots of comfortable patio furniture. Can't go wrong staying here.

Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank shay_68
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This property provides affordable and convenient lodging for your OBX getaway.
Location: I was incredibly pleased with the location- beachfront (very important plus!), convenient to Corolla and Duck shops and restaurants, bike and walking paths available.

Property: The lobby was recently renovated and is fresh and welcoming: interesting shell art display across from front desk, comfortable dining area, and pleasant lobby fireplace. Pool areas were cleaned each day (rain or shine). An indoor pool is also available, which was a hit with families on a rainy Sunday. The business center includes two computers; however, I was unable to print a document from my travel drive. The front desk rep offered to help me out and printed my document from her computer-- great service. In fact, every employee I encountered was incredibly friendly and helpful. Kudos to the staff for providing excellent service with a smile.

Breakfast is, of course, included. I was pleasantly surprised to find western omelettes and homefries included on the buffet. I will say that the water in Corolla is not very tasty (the employees at the hotel concurred). As such, if you are a tea drinker like me, you may notice an interesting flavor to your morning beverage. ;)

Rooms: The rooms were very clean. They are showing their age in some areas- a few chips on the bathtub, rusted track on the sliding closet door which caused it to go off the track, and a rusted track on the sliding door leading to the balcony which prevented me from being able to open it.

Overall, a pleasant, affordable stay in a lovely town. I plan on visiting again in the fall. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends