Inn at Corolla Light
Sea Oats Motel(Jarvisburg)
Beach Haven(Kitty Hawk)
Travelers Inn(Elizabeth City)
View Hotel
All reviewscorolla lightthe outer bankscontinental breakfastsound viewwhalehead clubpool and hot tubshared decktook advantage of the freewild horse tourbeautiful sunsetpedestal sinkcurrituck soundbike rentalslight housebeautiful roomgreat place to stayoff season
Reviewed October 10, 2017

I picked this inn based off of their website..... Gorgeous pictures, right on the water, quaint beautiful rooms. Their website must be old! Let me say the staff were great, went out of their way to accommodate, and the food was pretty good. Yes, the view is breathtaking. But the place is old, and needs some serious work. We got to the inn late evening, and when we checked in the room was FILTHY!! Full of cobwebs, spiders.... I had to clean the room before we could even unpack. We couldn't keep the slider door out on to the deck open because the screen didn't close all the way and was full of holes. I cleaned our chairs on the deck.... Spiders and webs everywhere. We were there for 5 days I think? I saw someone clean the deck once...... A lot of money for a place in some serious disrepair. Very discouraged.... Would never go back unless they cleaned it up and did the work that needs to be done. They gave us a $50 credit for my housekeeping services, but I would've loved to have been able to actually have the romantic, relaxing vacation that we had planned it to be. Very sad..... And I apologize for the delayed review as we went in September of 2016, but I just couldn't bring myself to relive the experience!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DonnieDoubleD
Susan L, General Manager at Inn at Corolla Light, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thank you for staying at the Inn in September 2016. We appreciate your feedback and have made many improvements since your visit. We close the Inn right after Thanksgiving weekend and re-open in early March each year. During our closure our team works very hard to update and improve the Inn so that each year it just gets better and better. We hope you will give us another chance so we may show you our continued improvements. Warm regards, Susan (Innkeeper)

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

We went for a couples get a way. The outside was a little shabby but the rooms were very clean and in good repair. The views of the sunsets were breathtaking. The free bike rentals were an added treat. It was a short trip by bike to the light house.
Breakfast was good but just an average continental.
Overall this was a great stay. I would definitely return.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eppsfamily
Susan L, General Manager at Inn at Corolla Light, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Thank you for staying at the Inn. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you here again. Warm regards, Susan (Innkeeper)

Reviewed October 3, 2017

The Inn at Corolla Light is a unique experience. First of all one of the only hotels that allow dogs. Big Bonus. I went here for my birthday on a last minute whim and I was so surprised. Lovely people running the place. They are very accommodating and welcoming. The room was so great, not luxurious but the view can not be compared.
Don't expect fancy, but very clean and well kept. he walking paths are so nice along the sound. It was a joy to be there.

Room Tip: Sound Front rooms are so special Opt to pay a little more for the view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank marthao334

Thank you for reviewing us and for staying at the Inn. We are so glad that you spent your birthday visit with us! We hope you will be back again . . . and soon. Warm regards, Susan (Innkeeper)

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Long review notice.....
When visiting Corolla, you are limited to two hotel choices, so we chose this one. The view is great from the waterfront rooms. Stunning even. The first thing we noticed when walking to our room was the fact that the building really needed a good pressure washing. Dead bugs Galore, and pine needles in great amounts falling out of all of the gutters. Granted, the property is surrounded by pine trees, but the gutters look like they had not been cleaned out all year. The first thing we noticed when we opened the room was the very musty smell, which probably could have been helped by some kind of air freshener plug-in. But we became used to it quickly. Overall, the room was very clean. However, there were multiple cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling with spiders in them. I actually killed three spiders myself, one which was hanging from the ceiling fan. I had read reviews about the spiders being in great amounts around the outside of the property. That definitely was the case, but we noticed that the workers were doing their best to constantly keep the spiders and the cobwebs cleaned. Still, they should not be in the rooms. The second day that we were there I did ask one of the cleaning people to clean up the cobwebs inside our room, and they did. I was pleasantly surprised to find a jacuzzi tub in our room that I did not know we were going to have. I really looked forward to using it on the first night. However, the water temperature was not high enough to fill the tub. Plus, the hot water gave out before the tub was even half full. The view from our balcony was absolutely stunning, but it is a shared balcony, so be prepared for smokers and Loud conversation. We did enjoy using the free cruiser bicycles on our second day there. They were pretty Rusty, but we still enjoyed using them. The continental breakfast is exactly what you would expect from a continental breakfast... At a a Holiday Inn, not from a $200 a night Hotel. Very disappointed with that. Staff was friendly, but check in seemed to be very rushed. We were given all of the details that we needed in about 30 seconds.
If I make the trip back to Corolla again I probably would not choose this place first. I would try the only other hotel that was available. This could be a really top-notch place, but a lot of improvements need to be made for the price that they charge.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gjslhs

Thank you for staying at the Inn and for sharing your opinions. We appreciate the feedback and promise to continually do our best to improve. We hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again. Warm regards, Susan (Innkeeper)

Reviewed September 29, 2017

This was a last minute pick on our road trip. For us it was a long drive but well worth it since we have never been to the Outer Banks. Accommodations are basic, but location in my opinion is great. They have bikes that you can use for free and we took advantage of that to ride to the beach. After the beach we enjoyed the pool that is right on Whale Head Bay. Amazing views can be had here and from the pier on the property. That evening we enjoyed an spectacular east coast summer storm (wish I had pictures of that). There is a water sports concession at the pier that includes para sailing, wave runners, kayaks and etc. We'd love to come back to the outer banks, although if we came as a family for a longer stay then we'd probably look for a place that had a bit more room and our own kitchen.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay and some have a common deck overlooking the bay.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at the Inn. We appreciate your feedback. By the way, we do have some Sound Front Deluxe Suites that have more space and some even have kitchenettes. We would love to have you stay with us again. Warm regards, Susan (Innkeeper)