Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Ranked #35 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton Imperial. It was in a convenient location and I appreciated the free parking. The front desk was friendly and efficient and the room was clean and very comfortable, I enjoyed the food in their restaurant and found everyone who worked in the hotel to be kind and agreeable. I was disappointed that there was not an actual fitness room in the hotel but for a nominal fee, guests are granted access to a health club in the same parking lot. The free wifi was an added bonus and it was quick and reliable. I would not hesitate to stay at this location again!

1  Thank businesstraveler009

Reviewed 8 December 2011

what you expect from a sheraton. clean modern helpful staff. i am starting my vacation here. no sense of humor. no one is happy, just very snobbish. oh well i am reckneck in search of a good time and staying only one night.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Nicer than average hotel with easy access to interstate. Was kind of disappointed that room didn't have a refrigerators. While I thought the normal government rate was a value, I didn't think the upgrade to the "club level" had much value. Next time I'd skip the club level and use the savings to purchase breakfast and dinner. The staff I had contact with with helpful and the rooms were extra clean. Wifi was fast and easy to access. Everything from the bathroom to the linens and towels felt a little extra nice. Room didn't really have the best work area but was ok.

I'd go back if I was in the area.

Parking can be a little problem due to the fact that they are a Convention Center and have so many non-guest there during the day. Also parking just didn't seem to be designed for best use. .

Room Tip: 10th floor "club level" requires that you walk down steps to get to the lounge on the 9th...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2011

The arrival process started a little shaky. The parking lot was a good walk from the Main Entrance. However, we entered through another door to find tons of people gathering for a convention. There were no clear directions on where to go. We hated to interrupt the festivities, but really didn't have a choice. When we got to the checkin desk the associate was great. He was informative and funny. The room was as expected for a Sheraton. There was food left in the hallway for a significant time, but I understand due to the staff involvement with the many people in the convenetion center.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I am a flight attendant, and I'm use to traveling and staying in hotels. This particular Sheraton was very out dated. Horrible food, front dest attendant didn't seem to care about our needs. Restaurant staff was lazy just standing around watching TV, supervisor was eating from the breakfast buffet. Not the type of environment I was use to. I found it very offensive when I was eating and the hispanic women where right there laughing and talking in there language like I wasn't there, I think that was very rude.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
SSL619, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

We are very sorry that your experience was not positive. I assure you that your comments are important to us, and we will use them to train our staff and correct the deficiencies. We want all our guests to enjoy their stay and feel respected. Thank you for taking the time to write, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to better meet your expectations.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

This is a very good hotel, everything I expect from a Sheraton and more. The staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was large and well equipped with toiletries. The bathroom light switch is inside - I hate it when the light switch is outside the bathroom. Shuttle service is provided to and from the airport, and the drivers were very nice and helpful. I ate in the restaurant, Seasons, for one breakfast, and in the lobby bar for one dinner - the food was good, which is a good thing - see below. By the way, the food they provided for our conference was excellent - some of the best I've had at a conference.

I especially appreciated the large desk, since I had a lot of work to do on my laptop, and it allowed me to spread out a little. Plugs were conveniently located and high speed wired and wireless internet connections were no additional charge. I was in the hotel lobby after my conference ended and before my flight home, and got some work done in a comfortable chair there too - with a power strip located near the chair.

The only problem I had is that this hotel is in a business park. There is another hotel nearby, but no other restaurants or stores within an easy walk. So if you don't like Seasons, or the cafe in the lobby, and you don't have a car, you're out of luck. Well... you could take a cab and there is a city bus stop nearby, and I suppose they might take you somewhere beside the airport in a shuttle.

1  Thank flash54
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Would stay there again. The staff went above and beyond at our midnight arrival and throughtout our entire stay.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank SoldiersAngelRI
Travellers also viewed these Durham hotels
1.7 km away
1.3 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle
0.9 km away
Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP

Been to Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park

Address: 4700 Emperor Blvd, Durham, NC 27703-8424 (Formerly Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center)
Region: United States > North Carolina > Durham
#22 Business Hotel in Durham
Price Range: $147 - $378 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Imperial Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sheraton Imperial Hotel Durham