All reviews east campus turn down service sun room granola duke university small glass of port made to order breakfast modern amenities bed and breakfast whole foods sitting room family event first floor cookies next morning waffles durham area
Reviewed July 9, 2012

A lovely setting across from the Duke campus. Intimate, nice spacious rooms, tastefully decorated. Wonderful service and great breakfast. I will recommend this establishment to all my friends and colleagues. Well worth the $.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the King’s Daughter Inn last week during our visit to North Carolina. It was our second visit, and it will certainly not be our last. We have travelled to many places in the United States, and this is by far our favorite place to visit. Our son is a student at Duke, and we will most definitely stay here the next time we are in the Raleigh-Durham area. The rooms look they are right out of a designer magazine, each uniquely and tastefully decorated. All the rooms have modern amenities including an iPad in each room. Once we entered the King’s Daughter Inn, we felt a sense of peace and calmness – maybe it’s the beautiful sitting rooms with all the sunlight and the warm and gracious staff. I am still dreaming about that made-to-order breakfast that featured chocolate chip pancakes! As we have returned home to Texas, we are already planning our return trip to the King Daughter’s Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I'm eating breakfast right now on my last day at this perfectly enjoyable B&B. And what a breakfast it is - fresh scones, biscuits, fruit and the best coffee in the world. Oh - eggs, bacon and sausage also available.

This is my second stay here and it only gets better (iPads now in the room!). Awesome beds, beautiful furnishings, terrific staff, great location and I already mentioned the breakfast.

You owe it to yourself to visit here if you can. Leaving is always tough - maybe a homemade biscuit for the road will help.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Lee H
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I am typically not a b&b person, but this is an exception. My room was lovely, updated, and offered all the tech you would want--include an ipad for personal use in your room. The owners are delightful, each room is unique and beautifully appointed--the owners invited me to explore the open rooms! And breakfast, made to order. I was especially lucky. The special of the day was chocolate chip waffles. Don't miss them!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank leslie06
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I came to Durham to shoot interviews for my production company and we used King's Daughter's Inn as our shoot location and also as our accommodations for myself and some of the crew. The Inn itself was lovingly restored and a very unique property. Each guest room has a different theme to it, and all are comfortable with modern amenities but still have the charm of a historical property. The staff was very courteous and helpful, and we were able to use the parlor and sun porch for our filming. This would be a great venue for an event, there is lots of space and it's in a nice, residential area that was quiet but still close to everything in Durham. And most importantly, the Inn owners were very accommodating and hands-on with making sure all guests were taken care of, but also give you space to do your thing. And the wine and chocolate at turn-down and fresh cookies at the front desk are nice touches you can't go wrong with! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor and it was comfortable but another guest was up coughing all night and I definitely did need ear plugs to fall asleep. But there's not much you can do about that.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business