“Perfect Mother's Day Gift”

The King's Daughters Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Durham B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My Mom and I stayed at KDI the evening of Mother's Day and it was awesome! We booked the Trinity Suite for the Sun Porch area so we would have a place to have quality time in the afternoon and have our wine and read. The location is appx. 3 blocks from Brightleaf Square and very comfortable walk through a residential area with gorgeous historic homes and then the rest of the way are small pubs and nightlife. The staff was wonderful and helped with dining suggestions even printing off the menu for us to decide. Breakfast was delightful with homemade granola, fruit, yogurt, made to order eggs, bacon or chicken sausage. Served in the gorgeous dining room. The property is immaculate and on eof the cleanest places we have ever stayed. We will return and already have surprise plan in the works for a Christmas or birthday present for Mom! Thanks for a great 24 hours and for having the vision and know how to create a unique, but comfortable home away from home! It is very special!

• Stayed: May 2010

Reviewed 31 March 2010

I stayed at the King's Daughters Inn over a weekend in February and enjoyed every minute of their hospitality. The rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated. The breakfasts were enjoyable and the location superb. The only thing that could be easily improved were the hanging wires from the back of the wall-mounted TV to the outlet. It is an easy thing to hide them away and I'm surprised the owners let them hang there. I would not hesitate to recommend this Inn over any other Durham hotel. You won't be disappointed.

PS. It's worth calling the Inn to get their AAA rate.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2010

What a wonderful B&B! The rooms are beautifully decorated, the beds are pure luxury and the decor is so fabulous. What a wonderful place to wind down after a long business day! The attention to details by the staff is remarkable and they cater to your every need!
The history around this building is very interesting and the location is so convenient to Duke University. Deanna and Colin, the owners are such great folks. We will be back often!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2010

My company hosted a meeting at the inn. Unfortunately, I had to drive 5 hours to the meeting and attend with a broken leg (and on crutches). As you can probably imagine, I was tired and not in th best of moods when I got to to the inn. I was immediately greeted by Deanna (one of the owners) who grabbed my bag and took me to my room. She spent a good 10 minutes in my suite with me to make sure that I could comfortably navigate the room and make it around the inn. The suite is beautiful (as is the entire inn) and the fact that I had a glass of port and gourmet chocolates waiting for me didn't hurt either! The bed is king size and incredibly soft. I was amazed to find a Mac computer for my use, as well as wifi and a large LCD TV.

The following morning, I didn't make it down for breakfast (evidently, I missed fritatas that other guests were bragging about). As i was meeting my group for our meeting, I ran into Deanna and Colin. they asked me about my night and immediately went to get me coffee. I went to my meeting, only to have Colin arrive with my coffee on a silver tray along with fresh scones and cinnamon rolls.

I do treat myself to premium hotels on occasion when I travel, but I was treated better at KDI than in any other hotel I can recall.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2010

A night away at the Kings Daughters Inn was my x-mas present to my sweetheart. Oh my gosh - every detail was taken care of - lots and lots of care. They arranged a wonderful massage therapist to come to the room. It was just a perfect evening for us.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2010

The owners and staff are wonderful, the rooms clean, the location excellent for Duke (and near the C-1 Duke shuttle buses), and th breakfasts excellent. One of the most memorable places I have stayed in my travelsin various parts of the world. Service, comfort, care, and attention to detail are all part of this superlative bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2010

The Inn has been restored from a rundown residence home. It's across the street from the Duke campus. Every room is individual, appealing and beautifully appointed. The young couple who restored it wanted to make every room some place they would like to stay. The beds are luxurious. The breakfasts are abundant, tasty and healthfl. AND the hotel is designed along green principals (for instance, water from the laundry is filtered and flushes your toilet). The integrity of the old building has been preserved. Yet every room has a Mac Mini, Direct HDTV, Wifi, etc. This the perfect combination of old beautiful building lovingly restored, 21st century tech and eco-awareness. And did I mention that the owners are friendly and helpful without trying to become your best friend (you know how it can be in a B&B)? I should also say that I was there when Durham was in the midst of a major snowstorm. Those who couldn't get out were rather happy not to have to leave.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
3.4 km away
1.3 km away
The Durham Hotel
The Durham Hotel
#3 of 71 in Durham

Been to The King's Daughters Inn? Share your experiences!